Are CDCs allowed to charge consultation fee

tee

Apologies if this had already been dealt with in this forum, I started CD 4 weeks ago on 790kcal, seen fantastic result. I introduced a friend to the diet, but the CD counsellor she called asked for £7 consultation fee. I just want to know if CDC charges because mine didn't and also few ones I called before never asked for consultation fee

ive never heard of anyone asking for a consultation fee but then this CDC may offer more of a service? not sure how but it may be to cover costs of booklets and such. she may be the kind of CDC who takes pics and really gets involved. or she may be a money grabber lol. ur friend should ask what the "consultation" covers

Apologies if this had already been dealt with in this forum, I started CD 4 weeks ago on 790kcal, seen fantastic result. I introduced a friend to the diet, but the CD counsellor she called asked for £7 consultation fee. I just want to know if CDC charges because mine didn't and also few ones I called before never asked for consultation fee

Hi there - CDCs are self - employed...so they can basically charge what they want.....

I don't charge any consultation fee...and just charge the RRP for packs (£1.65 for shakes/soups; £1.85 for tetras and £1.90 for bars)....so my clients pay for what they get...

..but I do know that some CDCs just charge a standard weekly fee regardless of the mix...

hope that helps.

love

Debz x

Thanks all, she is going to find out what this consultation fee covers.Will keep you posted. Thanks

yeah at first i thought it was a bit dubious BUT u never know, she may offer extra services or have something thats added value. cant think what but its best ur friend find out lol. if she gets the impression that the CDC is just driven by money and little else, she can go elsewhere.

I think I am right in saying that we can charge what we like for the products (I know I'm right on that bit, but who's going to pay £5 a sachet - so no-one charges that much) However last year I believe we were all told we are NOT allowed to charge a consultation fee. I may have misunderstood that. But what happened was that the RRP for cartons and bars was upped to give the counsellors the same profit % as the sachets. This was done so that counsellors would stock the whole range rather than refuse to stock the cartons and bars because we made less money on them, and also to stop people charging consultation fees.

So no I don't think we're allowed to charge consultation fees. Not unless there was something else going on like for instance hypnotherapy.

Now did I get that right or have I misunderstood it? Anyone?

Back