Are my 600cal meals wrong???!

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
Just wondering if my 600cal meals are wrong...

I've been having chicken/fish/pork with cooked veggies and a carb like baked sweet potaoe/brown rice/pasta

now is that wrong?

Should I be having something like sandwiches/pittas/salads?

:eek:

eat what you like hun.... as long as you watch you dont go over your daily limits of things.....

another thing to watch out for... (as i have to be careful) is how many carbs you consume.. i dont cut them out completly, but i have cut back, and its greatly helped...

Hi Summer

i agree with Kes .. you don't want to leave out any food groups. You need protein, carb and fruit/veg in each meal as they are basic building blocks of nutrition. The problem is portion sizes usually. Check out the British Heart Foundation website - they have a really good thingy on portion sizes. In general though the hand rule applies:
- protein is the size of the fleshy part of your palm (i.e. without thumb and fingers) on plate
- veg is palm and fingers
- carb is size of fist

Hope that helps

Hi Gang
thanks for reminding me as I have stopped calorie counting hence the slow loss (0.5 over 2 weeks). So I'm back for all your fab support and Summer, the important thing is to just stay within your allowance (like i will be doing)!

Yup my plate is atleast 1/2 veg, 1/4 fish/meat/poultry and 1/4 carbs. and i always have atleast 5 fruit and veg a day ....:D

Thanks guys :)

Back