Are the 'starter' packs actually worth it?

~Lucky~

Are the starter packs really worth buying? I'm not usually one for buying extras if I can get away with it but I was wondering whether people considered them to be like essentials than extras?

Would I be able to get all the points I need on eSource (forgetting of course it's occasional unrelaibility - If only a bacon cheese burger from maccy d's was really 4 points like it reckoned! It would be my staple diet food!)? Do WW 'hold back' on info like that to kind of make you buy the extras?

Erm i feel all you really need is a calculator tbh, with the books they are great to start off with but what happened with them last time is places like subway and mcdonalds kept changing their products and ingredients they were using meaning that the book was then not actually stating the correct values for products as they had gone down in value due to the changes. Many places now a days have their own nutritional values on their websites, and also by using minimins you will most likely be able to work out anything you need without having to buy the books, depends on your own preference tbh if you feel the esource is ok to use for now and then just buy a calculator to double check things on esource then will probably be better value that way as i think the books are £10 alone to buy

I would say the calculator is definitely worth it, I used it all the time on the old plan too

I bought an Essentials Pack and Calculator for £17.90 ..... and I would say definitely get the calculator. Maybe you could buy the books in the actual pack separately. There is a Tracker Book ... and a notebook would do the trick although there is quite a bit more measurement guide - weight chart I think and exercise chart ..... a shopping guide which is helpful as it has the basic food in as well and seems to be quite well laid out. The other book is an eating out book which I wouldn't use much personally. So I felt I could have just bought the shopping guide (if you can) and the calculator .... but I'm not unhappy with the pack

I got the Essentials Pack, just so I could get an idea of ProPoints Values when Eating Out/shopping etc. Once I get my head around it though, I will probably only use the Eating Out Guide, but so far, I am finding it a little bit useless. I usually get a Kebab on my mealbreak turn (tomorrow) but there is absolutely no mention of Kebab houses in it! I was thinking of buying a Calculator, but might just wait until WW release an Iphone App and do it that way.

Back