Are there any nice packs????

Millie82

OMG day 2 of cambridge and I cannot stand most of the food and yet I always thought I wasn't a picky eater! I love normal porridge, the pack porridge makes me gag. Tried a shake yuck! Can only manage vegetable soup, how am I going to cope. Advisor says no bars for 2 weeks, I don't think I'll make it 2 was on vegetable soup and now have loads of packs that are in edible to me :(

I nearly threw up when I tried maple and peacan porridge this morning so skipped first meal, didn't have time to make a soup before leaving (out with no facilities to make up soup)just got home to my first soup of the day, I feel like death, leek and potato, ok will prob keep it down...I won't last like this! Help! Rant over!

Millie82 said:
OMG day 2 of cambridge and I cannot stand most of the food and yet I always thought I wasn't a picky eater! I love normal porridge, the pack porridge makes me gag. Tried a shake yuck! Can only manage vegetable soup, how am I going to cope. Advisor says no bars for 2 weeks, I don't think I'll make it 2 was on vegetable soup and now have loads of packs that are in edible to me :(

I nearly threw up when I tried maple and peacan porridge this morning so skipped first meal, didn't have time to make a soup before leaving (out with no facilities to make up soup)just got home to my first soup of the day, I feel like death, leek and potato, ok will prob keep it down...I won't last like this! Help! Rant over!

Omg poor u!!

I've stuck to shakes this week but gonna try soups and porridge week 2......can u not swap early with CDC as u won't survive on nothing x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ps did lighter life a year ago couldn't stand porridge or shakes either but coped with bars, veg soup and cottage pie. I am mortified there is not cottage pie or savoury meal pack on cambridge. Gave up lighter life due to not being able to do same time same day each week but the food was better.

Millie82 said:
Ps did lighter life a year ago couldn't stand porridge or shakes either but coped with bars, veg soup and cottage pie. I am mortified there is not cottage pie or savoury meal pack on cambridge. Gave up lighter life due to not being able to do same time same day each week but the food was better.

Cheaper though lol!!

Perhaps do ss+? least u have food to look forward to x

Millie82 said:
I am going to call CDC tomorrow and ask to swap some packs and also ask why no bars for 2weeks :(

It's v strict I'm on day 4 it's so hard, I had a wrap this morning naughty but then I'm only human?

I was the same, I had to go back to my CDC 2 days into it and change them all. I can only have the tetras and the bars (anything else makes me ill). Can wholeheartedly recommend Banana and Chocolate Tetras and Peanut and Cranberry bars.

I also found I struggled with the Tetras at the beginning and used to put them in the mixer with ice and they were just like a McD's milkshake.

Good luck, and keep with it you will find something you like.

Sorry to hear you are struggling so much. I couldn't eat the porridge or soups, so CDC let me have bars early rather than leave me with nothing. So, I have had shakes and bars since then and WI's have been fine. I'm sure she'd rather this than force you to give in. Fingers crossed you find something that works for you.

Heidi

Millie82 said:
Saw advisor this morning and swapped porridge for soups. She said absolutely no bars till week 2 :( agggh!

Hi Millie

I've been on CDC for 12 week now and can definitely say I hate the porridge a as well... Soup I liked but then one week had 1 to many in a day and made me ill I'm purely on shakes now the ones u make up.. Not tried tetras as they don't seem to be enough to fill me and I'm addicted to mint choc shake which I have with hot water, add 2 sweeteners to taste and mix using a hand blender.. I've even converted my CDC to the hot chocs now lol.. I have 2 a day one on a morning n one on a night with a normal shake at work...

It's a case of finding which products u like/prefer

I love the bars but don't feel full after them xx

Hi Millie. Sorry to hear your struggling. I'm not a massive fan on the majority of the packs but I do mix the chocolate tetras with hot water to make hot chocolate and it's actually quite nice. I tend to use half a carton at a time then It feels like I get more meals haha.

I started back today and all I can think about is FOOD. But food is the devil and I have to keep telling myself this!

I will be skinny! I will be skinny!

Hi there i hate the porridge too!! Love the tomato soup or oriental and chicken and mushroom. Chic mint shakes are amazing. What ones have u tried? X

I too can't have the porridge, they make me gag! Love the strawberry or fruits of the forest shakes in the morning, am finding I'm going off the soups now so have a chocolate shake or choc mint shake for lunch then a low cal meal in the evening. I wasn't allowed the bars til week 3!! Can you switch to Ss+ so you can have a meal to look forward to? Good luck though, it does get easier!! Xx

I am so sorry your CDC is digging her heels in re bars, bar humbug! It's crazy if you are struggling and thinking about quitting. Which packs have you tried? Some clever people on his forum have posted various ways of making packs taste better without breaking the plan - could be worth looking for those posts. I really hope you find one thing that works for you.

Heidi

Hiya. I've just had my 4th weigh in lost 1 & a half stone so far. Long way to go. I like the cappuccino for breakfast, mix with hot water, sweeteners & extra spoon of coffee & it starts me off well! I have had the same thing everyday cos I find some of them so unpalatable. But on the upside, I know what I'm having & needn't think about flavours which I'm sure would have me craving such naughties as cheese & bread!!!

Katejames_1989 - does it make the tetras watery if you add water to them??? As in, are they still nice(ish)?? I found them quite sickly so am thinking if i did this and watered them down a bit they might tatse better.. never thought of doing it before!

So far (day 1 & 2) ive tried vanilla shake, chicken and mushroom soup, vanilla shake with a teaspoon of coffee (hot), chocolate shake with a teaspoon of coffee (hot) and today I have had mint choc shake, cold. I haven't found any that I don't like, I find them quite tasty to be honest. I haven't tried my porridge yet though, think that will be the ultimate let down lol. I did ASDA's measure up for a few weeks and they were GROSS GROSS GROSS, the flavours and textures of the shakes were just awful, the powder was flaky instead of smooth... maybe that's why I appreciate these CD flavours so much lol. If the vanilla was colder and thicker it would be like mcdonalds vanilla shake I reckon. On the back of the packs i'm sure there is instructions to make a mousse out of them instead? maybe you could try that? :) good luck x

Back