Are we allowed to have Atkins Bars?

Just as the title really. I would like to find out whether having the bars will knock me out of ketosis?

(The health shop in my village have got a sale on and this will mean that I can buy each bar around 85p cheaper than a CD bar!!)

I think that, so long as they are Atkins Advantage Bars, you should be able to have them. Not Atkins Endulge Bars. Endulge are just basically sweets - like a regular chocolate bar, no added protein or vitamins or minerals and definitely not intended as a meal replacement.

Even the Advantage Bars won't have the same high level of nutrients that your Cambridge Bars have. The Cambridge bars are designed to give one-third of your daily nutrition, taken along with other Cambridge packs. Don't take a chance; don't substitute an Atkins bar every day. Just thinking of your health!

You asked if you are allowed. The answer to that question is no, they are not permitted.

I think they have been suggested as a once in a blue moon stuck away from home with no foodpacks alternative - not something you should probably do on a regular basis - missing the full set of CD balanced nutrients can make you hungry.

I suspect not, as - like I say - people have used them in a tight corner, but I know that not having the full 1/3 of Cambridge nutrients can have an adverse effect on your hunger - which is really why you want to stay in ketosis in the first place...

I'm all for direct substitutions on the products that don't have a medical/nutritional benefit like the veg bullion and the drink flavourings, but I just wouldn't mess with the actual foodpacks you are supposed to have unless you've left them all at home and aren't going home that day!

Thanks Sarah. I think that I will order some bars but with a view of having one bar a week. My CDC never has the bars or sachets that I like and having the Atkins bars will hopefully keep me on the straight & narrow.

if your CDC never has the products you like then i would look into switching to another one if you can. they are supposed to supply you with whatever options you ask for!

if your CDC never has the products you like then i would look into switching to another one if you can. they are supposed to supply you with whatever options you ask for!

I know, I have come to the same conclusion. She is a really nice lady but I feel a bit peeved off that I'm paying £45 per week for something that I do not even like :mad:

I've already started contacting other CDC in my area..... it just means that I may have to travel a little further out. And this may become a problem once my son starts school in couple of weeks time.

Well im having to resort to having an Atkins Advantage Bar today - ive not brought enough Cambridge products with me, and Im working tonights so wont be home till 11. Its either have an Atkins bar or pass out on my feet during work so I know which Id prefer.

I had to have one too. I had a crap day.

Hope the increase in calories won't knock me out of ketosis. Do you think it will??? I ate protein today too (no carb content) and a cd soup and half a shake. How bad is it gonna be????

I doubt very much that the slightly increased calories will make any difference, particularly since Atkins Advantage bars are very low in carbs (around 3g net carbs per bar).

Many here on other VLCDs are substituting Tesco bars and BL bars and what have you for their 'proper' bars, and they do this every single day! I don't think an Atkins bar every day or three will do you any harm at all.

Hope the increase in calories won't knock me out of ketosis. Do you think it will??? I ate protein today too (no carb content) and a cd soup and half a shake. How bad is it gonna be????

Well i studied the back of the bars and it is an increase of 40 calories. So on this one off occasion hopefully it wont do too much. However I wouldnt recommend doing this every day unless an emergency. Always best to stick to plan if you can as it DOES work. xx

Thanks honey, my day is much better! Im still in ketosis and feeling much better then I did yesterday!

I think my controlled binge was ok. Protein rather then crap and carbs. Weights not changed and other then experiencing guilt and serious gurgling and increased heart rate (sugar rush!) am ok. The Atkins bar was a life saver really-choc hit with no carbs and only a few more calories. Back on it today. Xx

Back