Are we allowed Vitimin C? Bit desperate...

SurreySlimmer

lovin' it!
Sorry if this is a repeat but I'm desperately low on iron and the only iron supplements that are sugar-free (ketosis friendly) are an iron + Vitimin C combo. Does anyone know if the added Vit C will throw me out of Ketosis?

Is it worth going to the GP and asking them for some Iron tablets?

Unfortunately the ones the GP prescribes come with a sugar coating...I've been to the healthfood store and chemist today but no-one seemed to know what would be appropriate....

The miniscule amount of sugar in the coating shouldnt be enough to kick you out of ketosis. Have you tried talking to your lighter life leader?

I have taken iron tablets, (I'm on CD) & as you only need one a day it didn't knock me out of ketosis....

If you're low on iron, then you really need to take the prescribed ones. Low iron can be dangerous if left untreated. Plus we need all the energy we can get on this diet, & if you're anything like me you'll feel robbie rotten when your iron stores are low. :eek:)

Thanks so much girls! I spoke with LLC and have the iron+vitC from the chemist which seems like a pretty good option. Not much change yet - I'm soooooo tired all the time - but hope to see a pick up in the next week or so.

Back