Are you a hare or a tortoise?

hannata

I can haz cake?
Inspiration from my ww meet last night, leader was talking about how some people are in too much of a rush to get weight off, and i thought it could be an interesting debate

Do you lose the same weight steady every week, or do you (like me) lose lots one week then put on some weight again next week?

I'm pretty tired of being the hare because I often get annoyed at gains, then just think to pot with it and give up, even though I've done well.. I've never once seen a STS on the scales in over 3 years..! but on reflection, if I weighed monthly I probably would still be losing a reasonable amount!

Id say i was a hare but now a tortoise lol. When i started i wanted to get my weight off fast, but now im closer to goal(and like the way i look) im not stressing about 'only' losing a lb or sts. Last week i didnt track at all and i was delighted that id sts, but this week im back on track and im aiming for 1-2lbs loss.

tortoise for defo, week 1 2lbs, 2 = 0.5, 3 = 0.5, 4 = +0.5lbs and yes it really pigging me off now totally and frustrating aint the word!!!!!

I am losing an average of 1.1 a week. I haven't really had any big losses but TBH I didn't expect to because I have been on and off diets for so many years that I think there is so many times I am going to get that initial whoosh! As I said in another post, I would rather lose slow and steady and be happy with what I am eating in order to be in it for the long haul.

I would like to say a tortoise but I fear I am a hare.

I can be really motivated one week, but the next it just goes. Ho hum.

With my losses, mostly I am a tortoise, as I lose between 0.4-0.8lb a week, sometimes getting the odd 1.6lb, but yeah as long as its all coming off it doesnt matter :)

tortoise for sure!!!mine are so sloooowww, first week on weight watchers i lost half a pound,,second week 1 lb,,but over the months it works out at 2 stone9lbs off:)and feel i'm no longer in a hurry to get it off,,if it does then great if sts meh,,there's always next week

I joined ww in Oct 2008 and was def a hare lol. I lost every single week, averaging 2.5lbs a week. I got to goal in October 2009 having lost just over 9 stone (tho sadly have put just over a stone back on since).

I have been trying to shift the stone for ages and its such a struggle now to lose anything, so I am def a tortoise now! I guess my metabolism is shot from losing so much.

I was happy to be a hare, I had so much to lose I couldn't have stayed motivated for so long without seeing a difference in my clothes every few weeks.

I am very fruastrated now though because I feel I will spend the rest of my life trying to 'just lose another half stone'!!!!

I joined ww in Oct 2008 and was def a hare lol. I lost every single week, averaging 2.5lbs a week. I got to goal in October 2009 having lost just over 9 stone (tho sadly have put just over a stone back on since).

I have been trying to shift the stone for ages and its such a struggle now to lose anything, so I am def a tortoise now! I guess my metabolism is shot from losing so much.

I was happy to be a hare, I had so much to lose I couldn't have stayed motivated for so long without seeing a difference in my clothes every few weeks.

I am very fruastrated now though because I feel I will spend the rest of my life trying to 'just lose another half stone'!!!!
Oh Purple star you could have written that about me. We have both put the breaks on before gaining too much but not really seeing the rewards of the weight coming off. Mine is a pound a month at its best. I think I need to up the activity but can i get motivated - NO !!! Keep on going girl xx

This is the first diet i could ever say i'm a hare. I have lost weight every single week & am averaging just under 2.1lbs per week. My motivation hasn't waned once as i use my 49 weekly points & feel completely satisfied- i love it. I know my losses will slow in time but i'm not worried about that cos i can see me eating this way for life.

I'm slow and steady too and have come to accept it now. It is hard as have done WW before and was losing at least 2 per week then did a vlcd.and losing 4 a week!!! Not healthy longterm and have to admit screwed my body up.... Hair thinned etc

Now I'm doing PP and honestly dont have to think too much as it's becoming a natural healthy habit now :)
X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I am definitely a tortoise now but when I started I was like a hare. I would work so much harder than I am now because I hated the weight I was but now I realise it is much easier to lose slowly without keep getting upset about it. I have lost 2 stone so far and would like to lose another 3 stone, but slow and steady will get me there the same way the hare does but without the emotional upset all the time.
Hope that makes sense.
Night all
Kelly

Back