Are you aiming to be a certain dress size or weight?

maypole

loves to eat
Just wonderingI always aimed to be a certain weight but after my whole office got on the scales (one at the time not all at once:p) I was surprised to see how much people who I would give my right arm to have a figure like weighed. I am now aiming for a dress size. A 12 to 14 to be exact :)

Yes, it's an interesting question. I am tempted to go by weight....because it seems truly measurable. (unlike sizes that vary so much from shop to shop....I feel like I'll never really know whether I'm a size ten/twelve/fourteen or not anyway! I'd always be waiting for one shop/outfit to catch me out and make me feel rubbish again)

On the other hand, as you say, sometimes, some people's weight is surprising. My consultant always says she's surprised I weight what I do, I don't look it etc. I think I do weigh on the heavy side as do my sisters. So when I read people's before and after stories in magazines (I love those stories and pics!) I am sometimes so shocked with how little they weigh...in both the before and after pics!!! Sometimes they weigh before, what I would like to weigh AFTER!!! Even if they're the same height as me...It's all so confusing!!!

If only we just KNEW when we look GREAT and at our best...unfortunately this mechanism is a bit messed up in most people....hence why we compare ourselves to others even if it's totally pointless!

Weight for me, 8st 8lbs, it's a nice round number, means I'll have lost 2st 7lbs, and I also know I'm a size 8-10 at that weight, since I have a whole wardrobe of clothes that size waiting for me.

Last edited:
I'm aiming for a certain weight, I'm different sizes on top & bottom & I seem to be different sizes in different shops! x

ooh i'd love to be a size 12....One can only dream! i've put my target weight as 11 1/2 but i think i'd like to get down to 10 1/2. just dont know how realistic that is for me. To get to that i'd have to lose 5 stone, and not sure if i could!

When I lost weight before I got down to a size 8 and I was 9 stone 7lbs, which is still fairly heavy on the scales for someone of 5'2, but I am/was fairly busty so I'm not going by bmi. My goal is to get back to a size 8, might even be happy at a 10.

I'm aiming for a weight for now because its more measurable, but closer to goal i'd probably aim for a dress size! x

I'm not doing SW, but thought I'd join in the convo anyway if that's ok :)

I set myself a goal weight of 11.7-12st but actually I haven't been anything close to that weight in a long time, so I don't really know what's a reasonable weight for me. 12st gives me a BMI of just under 25, but BMI really isn't the be all and end all of it, and doesn't factor a lot of things. So I'm starting to lean more towards not having a real goal and just stopping when I feel comfortable and think I'm at the right weight for me, which I think will be around a size 12.

I dont mind what size I am, I just want a flat stomach lol! Im aiming for 10 stone as thats a true measurable goal :)

I'm aiming for 9st 7 and a very comfortable dress size 10. It's easy to visualise for me because I was that size, and not too long ago either :(
I know it's a size where I feel slim and comfortable. Can't wait to get there!

I'd love to be a size 14 I'd be very happy. I'm currently size 16-18 so not to unrealistic x

Weight for me (I'd love to be 11 stone something) but having said that have just bought a gorgeous size 12 dress in Marksies and it fits now but with some more pounds off it will be truly fab fitting xx

I always said that I would settle for a size 16. Well I did that in August and all my motivation went out of the window! BUT, I am still over a stone above a healthy weight, and I can grab hold of handfuls of fat! So now I am aiming for a 14. I don't care what weight I am when I get there as a size 12 is not within my grasp, and then I shall maintain.

I'm aiming for 9 stone 7 as I am a 5.2 shorty as well! Would love to be a size 10, although taking my chest into account I'd probably have to settle for a size 12 on top at least! 12 is the lowest clothes size I've ever been and I still recall having a belly at that time, so 10 would be fab.

Back