Are you going to try something new this week?

alexisemma31

I'm going to try making wedges out of sweet potato and roasting BNS.

What are you going to try?

I'm doing the green week challenge and I'm determined to stay away from quorn and try new things.

On my list - Grumbles Mushroom and Lentil Loaf.
An adaptation of the Two Fat Ladies Easy Onion and Stilton soup
Will experiment making a SW sweetcorn fritters recipe.
Zesty Pesto Tofu (from the vegetarian society website)
Baked Orange Pudding

And other things... as you can see I intend to be very busy in my kitchen this week lol

I bought some scan bran yesterday & made the curly wurly cake but I've printed off more SB recipes so going to experiment with those x

i'm also on a scan bran week, and instead of using my syns on chocolate and crisps i've got my hubby baking a carrot and ginger cake so i can have a slice of that everyday instead. yummy!!

This week I'm 'home alone' so am going to cook some things that we wouldn't normally eat. So far, I've planned to make:

Aubergine and tomato curry
Spanish omelette
Falafels
Something involving salmon (as yet undecided).

Am really looking forward to being experimental!

I'm off work for the next two weeks. Since I don't need to use a HexB for pitta for lunch every day I'm going to try and cook a new recipe involving meat each night. I have a couple of days when I'm planning on going out for a meal but other than that I think it will keep me on track to have new recipes. Hubby is looking forward to lots of meat as we usually only eat veggie meals.

I'm going to try making a fish stew in my slow cooker. Does anyone have a good recipe? Main ingredient will be haddock.

I tried the diet coke chicken for my tea tonight. Mmmmm. Delish!
Hopefully tomorrow my oh is going to cook our first sw curry in the actifry, assuming it's delivered tomorrow as it's already late :-(

I bought radishes as they were marked down.

Some in my salad for lunch tomorrow and think I'll roast them to go with pork chops tomorrow.

I try and buy one new thing a week. SW has definately made me more adventurous.

Am going to try making a SW version of the lasagne made on something for the weekend today. It uses cottage cheese instead of bechamal sauce so its easy to make SW friendly!

Ive just discovered (reading a random post) that a packet of batter mix, depending on which variety you use, varies about 10 - 12 syns. Thats only 5-6 for me when shared!
:happy036:
Gonna dash out and buy some sainsburys low fat cumberland sausages and have a huge toad in the hole....... couldn't believe I can eat that when I'm on a 'diet'

:gimi:

I made the chicken cacciatore from the mini cook book free with the mag this month and it was delicious :)

I think the beef and mushroom dish will be next weekend!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I made my first ever omlette yesterday!! Was actually quite tasty and syn free!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110905_055428.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110905_055428.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 59
Back