Are you going to try something new this week?

i have made the mung bean wraps and they are so yummy. also tried celeriac chips aswell were yummy too.

Am going to try making a SW version of the lasagne made on something for the weekend today. It uses cottage cheese instead of bechamal sauce so its easy to make SW friendly!

I saw that too! Could potentially be syn free if we make the sauce ourselves and use low fat cottage cheese with HEA cheese? Looked tasty too didn't it!

Claire x

I'm home alone this week so think I might have a bit of a play around with different foods!

I can feel a SW quiche coming on - never made one before! Tonight was meant to be steak but forgot to take one out of the freezer to defrost before I left for work, so will have to rethink that one!

Plus, with me having the evenings to myself, might curl up on the sofa with a huge mug of green tea each evening and all my SW books, come up with some different dinner ideas for the next few weeks. The last couple of weeks we've been living on 'surprises' served with pasta/rice/couscous - i.e. throw whatever we have in the fridge and freezer with tons of veggies, tinned toms and herbs and spices. In fairness, they have all been lovely but it's time for a change!

I've made the baked orange pudding from my list for this week and the potato skins and cilantro cream from julesm's tex-mex post.
Potato skins & cilantro cream.jpg
Baked orange pudding (1).jpg

Also made this japanese cheesecake for the first time last week which was yum.
Japanese cheesecake & strawberries.jpg.

Going to make my onion & stilton soup and the sweetcorn fritters tomorrow. Having britmumincanada's courgette and pasta tonight :D

i'm also on a scan bran week, and instead of using my syns on chocolate and crisps i've got my hubby baking a carrot and ginger cake so i can have a slice of that everyday instead. yummy!!

I made the carrot and ginger scan bran cake it is lovely - and syn free - although very filling so i tend to eat half of the cake throughout the day and have a alpen light for the other half. Cake is made in microwave an fills a standard chinese container....

I am going to try tuna steak this week. I've only ever had it once and that was years ago and then it was cooked for me.

I have bought the ones that are from Iceland that have an oriental glaze which are syn free and are features in this months magazine. Not quite sure what to have with it though...

I'm trying a new evening meal most nights. Cooking from the book that came with this months magazine.

I found myself getting into a food rut so this is a perfect way to get out of it. Won't be having the same meal for a month :)

So far I haven't hated anything, but the Lamb and root veg stew is to die for.

xx

Hi lochan, do you have the recipes for the pudding and cheesecake please? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya Rainbow

The link for the orange pudding is here Japie se gunsteling (baked orange pudding) - recipe on Forkd!

I used skimmed milk, splenda and low fat spread and made half the mixture - it came to 7.5syns for two servings so called it 4syns each.

The japanese cheesecake is on this link
Japanese Cheesecake (Fluffy & Creamy) - Christine's Recipes: Easy Chinese Recipes

I used skimmed milk and quark for the cream cheese and used half sugar half splenda, kept everything else the same and made half the recipe (as the one published makes 2 cakes). It came to 20 syns for the whole cake :)

silly sausage said:
It has recently been made a healthy extra A option for 400ml. So a hexA or about 6 syns.

I've just looked for it on Tesco, is it the one that's called dairy free coconut + calcium drink?

not new food - but this week i am going to have my hexb in the morning - usually save it for supper on the off chance i could be mega starving....

I can feel a SW quiche coming on - never made one before! Tonight was meant to be steak but forgot to take one out of the freezer to defrost before I left for work, so will have to rethink that one!

Right, that's it, it's SW quiche for dinner this evening now!! Have just realised I have pretty much all I need at home in the fridge, might just pick up a couple of extras on the way home to make it mega nice!

Looks like a lot of us are home alone this week. DH is out of town until Friday so I'm going to have mostly veggie meals which I love but he doesn't! So I'm trying quinoa for the first time this week, and spaghetti squash (not together though lol). I'm also going to try a carrot salad I saw in a magazine, with cashews and raisins. Yum!

I've made the baked orange pudding from my list for this week and the potato skins and cilantro cream from julesm's tex-mex post.
View attachment 18298
View attachment 18299

Also made this japanese cheesecake for the first time last week which was yum.
View attachment 18300.

Going to make my onion & stilton soup and the sweetcorn fritters tomorrow. Having britmumincanada's courgette and pasta tonight :D

Those potato skins look AMAZING!!!!!!! Just did a quick search and found the recipe here for anyone else who is also drooling lol

Tex-Mex Feast

Cant wait to try these!

Looks like a lot of us are home alone this week.

It does seem to be a bit of a 'home alone' week on Minimins this week doesn't it?

Although, how convenient for me was it that Fast Five arrived on dvd on Saturday - I can overdose on Vin Diesel in OH's absence! :D

I'm going to try making wedges out of sweet potato and roasting BNS.

What are you going to try?

SW Vegetable Tagine
SW beanburger
Coq au vin
Middle Eastern Chicken Stew
An Abel & Cole curry
HoneyOc's falafels
An ivy gourd recipe
SW Blackberry & apple crannochan
Spicy popcorn
Baked Plantain
Homemade Harissa

Mm wont manage them all but thats a few to have a go at :)

Im gonna try canelloni-just hoping someone suggests a good filling idea?? dont want it gloopy and wrong! hehe..wish me luck! xx

Back