Cruise PV Are you proud of me Dukaneers?

stmcalee01

Well today my Mum and I took my kids and Nephew to Stirling Castle. It rained incessantly the whole time we were there. In our bedraggled and desperate state we decided to have a lunch break and feed the baby so headed for the onsite cafe (which serves lovely healthy fresh foods). Imagine our despair as we approached and saw people queing to get in as they were full to capacity.

In view of the by now screaming baby and 2 hungry toddlers we decided to take our chances at the tearoom further inside. As we approached a table became free under the canvas roof and we duly nabbed it. I began peeling the layers off the wet children and feeding the soggy baby.

In due course Mum appeared with lunch. "One skimmed milk coffee" she announced.
"Excellent" thought I.
"3 sandwiches with assorted fillings" and with a ruefull smile she added "sorry love, it was all they had."
"Bugger" thought I.

Now faced with an age old dilemna I weighed up the options.
1. Eat the sandwich, think sod it and have cake.
2. Starve
3. March back down to the cafe and demand a takeaway soup. Now.

After careful consideration whilst munching on the chicken, tomato and rocket from inside the offending sandwich I decided to go down and ask if I may be allowed in to purchase take away as the kids were not allowed fizzy juice or coffee (the only options in the tea room).

The woman guarding the door (a Dr's secretary in a previous life I suspect) eyed me with disgust but eventually agreed. I emerged 5 minutes later triumphant with two apple juices, one courgette and rocket soup and NO cake!

The end

Well done you - I ate out to yesterday at the Harvester. Had half a spit roast chicken. When my plate arrived I removed the chips and corn on the cob and added salad - I did have a little coleslaw too though - oops. Just hoping that wont have done too much damage.

Ooooo welldone stmc and Taffy! You both deserve a very large slap on the back for your wise choices and self control!

It's that kind of willpower that will see you through to the end.

I was most tempted last night to have a lager (dh was having one). It's the first time since starting that I have wavered even slightly. Blame it on totm.

But resisted and am so glad this morning that I did. We Can Do This!

Well done you! - but what did you think of the castle? I am in Sterling next weekend as husband has OU course at the Uni to attend. We are away for 2 nights, and can't get a B and B for love nor money. So no scottish fry ups for us, and Premier Inn (Falkirk way) avec le Gallette it will be. ( actually, this is very ok for me, the temptation to stuff my face with toast will be avoided).

Tessa

The castle is fantastic and you should have a look at the monument too. Don't forget the bonny banks of Loch Lomond are 30 minute drive away too. x

Back