Are you up for a challenge???????

Thanks yasmine for the advice im really torn in 2 minds whether to try and stick out cd or to give ww a go? the problem is coz i have been here and done it i have seen how fast the cd works but coz i am no longer as big as i was i no it gets harder and harder each time i try. i dont no what 2 do? x

Week 2 here we come - here come the girls!!!!!!!

Well then,

What can I say - there has been a fantastic response to my thread and I'm sure as the weeks turn into months and our asses shrink we will become great friends.
I know I and a few others have had a crap time of things the last few days and without the support from you guys and this thread I think I would Have crumble with the stress and upset and not got back on my diet so for that alone I can't thank you all enough!! :D

The start of week 2 and a whole new weekly challenge. I wish you all the best of luck. Stay focussed and be strong - you know you can do it!!

Thanks yasmine for the advice im really torn in 2 minds whether to try and stick out cd or to give ww a go? the problem is coz i have been here and done it i have seen how fast the cd works but coz i am no longer as big as i was i no it gets harder and harder each time i try. i dont no what 2 do? x

I have two friends who have been off the diet for a few weeks now and recently got back on it. One is much heavier than the other but the lighter one has had better weight losses 'cos she drinks loads of water and exercises. Only you know what is right for you but if you want to achieve your goal by Christmas you will have a better chance with CD ssing.
Good luck and let me know what you decide,
Take care
Lins
xxx

In the night I read this article:
Why drinking water helps with weight loss - Drink Water to Lose Weight and Burn Fat

The bit I was most interested in is:

"Eight glasses a day? Are you kidding?!" It's really not that much. Eight 8-ounce glasses amount to about two quarts of water. This is okay for the average person, but if you're overweight, you should drink another eight ounces for every 25 pounds of excess weight you carry. You should also up this if you live in a hot climate or exercise very intensely."

(Is 8 x 8 ounces approx just under 2 litres? If so because I'm overweight I should be drinking loads more. How much water is everyone drinking?)

I am sure I once heard, the kidneys of a healthy adult (so lets assume male) can process 15 litres of water a day, as long as the water is drank over an entire day as opposed to drinking a huge volume at one time.

I'm not healthy & I'm female - so lets assume my body could tolerate around 6 litres. I am currently drinking about 3.5L a day, I think I will gradually build myself up to 5L (that seems a safe best). So thank-you Sylvie.

Hi all,
got weighed today after all the water flavouring problems i have had and lost 4lbs!! The cdc even gave me a free week as an apology.
Really pleased as it has only been since thursday that i cut down on the drinks!!
Good luck to everyone this week on your weigh in xx

Well done Karen, that's brilliant

YS, keep me as 14st7 (I started back SS yesterday, after a week of a very high complex carbs diet) so I dread to think how much weight I put on (I didn't dare yet on the scales when I bought my food!!!!!)
I am having my next WI next wednesday & will have all my WI's on wednesdays from now on.
As I go to a CDC near my work, not where I live - so my time slot on mondays was 8pm, so I had to wait at work & do "work" or go on the internet, but I can go at 6pm on weds, so that's better I don't have to hang around.

So count me out of the next weekly WI comp, as it won't be fair as I'll will be losing for more than a week & more importantly I don't know my present weight!!!!

xxxxxx

Had my first weigh in tonight and I'm 10.5lbs down - absolutely made up :)

Just in to record my weight loss... only 2lbs this week (totm) but i've been 100% good on the diet... biggie next week I hope!

You're all doing fabulous! Great start Katie.. well done x

Hi everyone is it possible for me to join? started SS on 29th November had a weigh in today and lost 6.3lb well happy :), do u think i could lose 7/8 stone by june-ish?

Nessy x x

Hi Nessy, that is my goal. With SS you can lose a stone a month and there's 7 months to June. Already lost one stone and hoping to loose 2-3stone by the end of the year. Then I will only have 4st left. Hope I can do it, I will be very pleased.

OOOooo a stone a month never thought of it that way, thanxs sylvie86 for the inspiration :), so excited about this diet lol :D

Nessy xx

hey.. thats 3lb off for me this week :D oh and its totm

Last edited:
well done to everyone on your fab weight losses especially last week to sadsam26 for sotw.Ive lost 4lbs this week (wanted 5lb!)
Thank you to Yasmine-Samara for your fab thread.xx

we're off to a flying start!!!

Firstly I MUST appologise - I went to WI tonight and after all the stress at Uni and my totm I am sad to post that I gained 3lb. It could have been worse I suppose. I was going to go on thurs this week to try and get that weight I had gained by coming off the diet but I didn't see the point really so I went and faced the music, Have drawn a line under it and feel refreshed and ready to start the new week.
Oh....... I am dying to tell you all!!!
Me and Wayne were talking about us, you know, pillow talk and all that, and my divorce papers will be landing on the mat any day now. So, he said that as soon as I get to target we can start planning our wedding. I nearly fell out of bed. He knows how miserable being obese make me feel and he is a big guy himself and he said he really refuses to get married while he is fat. We both want our special day to be perfect and with absolutely no regrets. I hated my wedding pics and wouldn't ever have any up around the house. I felt so embarrased and ashamed of them. I got married in St Lucia on the beach in a lovely decorated gazzebo - Shame I was fat and he turned out to be gay!!!
We had both lost 8 stone when we met, I have now gained almost 6 of it back and Wayne nearly 5 of his so we are both dieting to support eachother. He doesn't want to do CD mainly because of the cost and also 'cos he likes to have a beer once a week and a takeaway as his treat so he is doing slimming world and saving his syns. I want to get down to at least 14 stone so only 12st 7lbs to go!!!
HELP!!!

We have some fantastic results already (I am sooooooo envious) I have got my work cut out for myself this week to get a really good weight loss in for next week or I will be struggling to achieve the 6 stone in time for Florida. yay holidays can't wait!!!

A big thanks to blueeyes for the info about water consumption - I think it opened all our eyes, I haven't been off the loo all day.....lol.

A big warm welcome to Saturn - I need you start weight from last week hun and the day you normally WI. Welcome to the made house!!!

Karen I'm glad you sorted out the water flavouring issue and mix a mousse etc. A free week, lucky you!!

barnsie23 (thurs) 15st 9lb -4lb
blueeyes26 14st 7lb (wed)

Diet4-40 (Sat) 17st 11lb
Dieting Rambler (fri) 19st 11lb -8lb :eek:
doris (wed) 19st 13lb
downesy (wed) 14st 13lb -4lb:D
headdown (mon) 17st 7lb
karen.garraway (tues) 15st 11lb -4lb (5lb)
x-katie-x (tues) 18st 12lb -10.5
michellethegooner (mon) 18st 2lb -4lb :D
MrsR2004 (mon)
Pammiedoll (wed) -9lb:party0049:
PoundPrincess (tues) 15st 8lb -4lb (11lb)
rainbow27 (mon) -3lb (11lb)
Sadsam26 (fri) 18st 11lb -11lb:party0011:
Sylvie86 (sun) 18st 1lb -2lb:)
TraceyR (tues) 21st 9lb -2lb (8lb)
yasmine-samara (tues) 26st 12lb -8lb:cool:

I hope you can understand what I have done here?
Last weeks WI results were green so I have changed this weeks colour to blue to make it easier to see who has and hasn't been weighed etc.
I have put the total lost in red and this will stay in red every week. Does that make sense?

Yep, all makes sense to me.

Oooh a wedding in the offing, how gorgeous - that's it the weight's got to go now if that's what's stopping you getting married ..... it's all downhill (weightwise) for you from here :)

Back