Are you up for a challenge???????

Gosh, I'm mad I went to the shops (got back seconds ago) to buy some alcohol (not for me!!!! for some presents) and I left my big purse at home with my drivers license. They refused to serve me, I understand they have to ask for ID if they think you are under 21 now. I am almost 27 in a couple of months!!!!! I always get asked for ID, I have a young face & look apparently about 18 (if I don't wear make-up). I guess I should be pleased that I have a young looking face.

I live in a small town & the manager of the shop knows me - she lives in the square where I live & she is the one that refused to served me as she is a b...... and always tries to steal my dustbin or pour her cat litter tray in my garden. Everyone hates her, she always tries to flirt with everyones husband (or more than flirt if you get my drift). She knows how old I am, so it really annoys me.

Karen sorry to hear you've had a bad week, hope this week is better for you (((hugs)))

Blueeyes no wonder you're mad, I would be too - is there somebody that you can complain to? I can fully understand people who don't now you questioning you if you look so young (oh you're so lucky :) ) but to not be served by someone who knows you is ridiculous -- I've a 20yr old daughter who only looks young but I certainly wouldn't expect for her to be id'd in our local shop by people who know damn well that she is over 18.

Well done Sylvie - that is brill.

YS & Sylvie - what are you studying at uni? I want to go back to uni, once I have lost weight (when I get my confidence back) I qualified as a solicitor (Oct 2006) - but I want to do some more studying, but I'm broke - so I will have to move back home, with my parents (rent out my house to help pay the mortgage) and I can only move back home with my parents when I'm slim - as they are both slim & are very mean to me about my size & have told me until I lose weight they won't let me come back home and help support me while I am studying.

I am training to be a nurse and I finish my first year in march. I hope you don't mind me saying but I think it is terrible your parents black mailing you into losing weight. It is difficult enough without the added pressure. How do you feel about it?

barnsie23 (thurs) 15st 9lb -4lb
blueeyes26 14st 7lb (mon)

Diet4-40
(Sat) 17st 11lb
Dieting Rambler (fri) 19st 11lb -8lb :eek:
doris (wed) 19st 13lb
downesy (wed) 14st 13lb -4lb:D
headdown (mon) 17st 7lb
karen.garraway (tues) 15st 11lb -1lb:)
x-katie-x (tues) 18st 12lb
michellethegooner (mon) 18st 2lb -4lb :D
MrsR2004 (mon)
Pammiedoll (wed) -9lb:party0049:
PoundPrincess (tues) 15st 8lb -7lb :D
rainbow27 (mon) -8lb:eek:
Sadsam26 (fri) 18st 11lb -11lb:party0011:
Sylvie86 (sun) 18st 1lb -2lb:)
TraceyR (tues) 21st 9lb -6lb
yasmine-samara (tues) 26st 12lb -8lb:cool:

Well done Sylvie, 17lb in two weeks is amazing so don't feel disappointed at all with 2lb. Sometimes having a really big loss can build your expectations and lead to a bit of disappointment if we lose a lot less the following week.
I have got some serious catching up to do if I am to have a loss this week after my 5 lb disaster!!!

Still got a few weights to be posted!!!

They always try & blackmail me, I'm used to it. My family is very looks oriented. My mum is a beauty, she's in her early 50's and looks like she is in her early 30's - she hasn't a wrinkle, she's hasn't any white hairs & her skin (face & body) looks like in belongs on someone at least 20 years younger. She always gets chatted up by men in the 20/30's.
As well as looking young, she is very slim & fairly tall - with a stunning face - people her whole life have told her how stunning she is & I have always observed how because of her looks people have treated her like royalty. My dad used to be very good-looking, but he has aged a lot recently. I have 2 sisters, both stunning - I used to be fairly attractive when I was slimmer, but I always lacked confidence. I think it's because my family is so looks obsessed, I didn't think I was beautiful enough (and felt like a black sheep) and I'm very sensitive, so when I was 8 stone and my dad used to call me "Miss Piggy", "Porky Pig" etc I had loads of emotions locked up inside & when I suffered a broken-heart in my early 20's I began to comfort eat - as I had never really felt loved before & felt my life was over.
I will spend Christmas on SS, as I won't go home over Xmas, as they will just make me cry, say nasty words loud enough for me to hear etc. You can imagine if they were mean to me at 8 stone, what they are like with me know (at 9.5 stone they were almost unbearable).My dad starts it & then everyone joins (my mum doesn't, she doesn't even look me in the eye. I think she is so disgusted with how I look).

I know you probably think, why do I want to go back home to study? I am in a lot of student debt, I am single, so all the bills come out of my pocket & I really want to study languages, so I would mainly be studying abroad (far from home). I am unhappy in my career, I get up & go to work everyday & grit my teeth, but I am miserable & cry myself to bed every night.
I know once I have lost the weight & if I don't make changes to my life, I will remain miserable & comfort eat again.

I am aiming to be 9.5 stone, I know they won't be happy at that - but I have to lose the weight for me & not them.

So, I know how evil people can be. Are the people bullying you student nurses as well. If so, they are in the wrong career & need to either stop and grow up or be kicked off the course, as I always thought nurses were meant to be caring individuals.

Starting Back on CD!

Hi i have started back to the cd today i started in feb this year and finshed in june losing a total of 4 stone but since june put on 6lbs im tryin my hardest to start again im lookin to lose 17lbs - some help ful tips will be great from those who have tried getting back on the cd!! Kerry x:)

Blueeyes- remember beauty is only skin deep, true beauty comes from within.

Hugs (())

They always try & blackmail me, I'm used to it. My family is very looks oriented. My mum is a beauty, she's in her early 50's and looks like she is in her early 30's - she hasn't a wrinkle, she's hasn't any white hairs & her skin (face & body) looks like in belongs on someone at least 20 years younger. She always gets chatted up by men in the 20/30's.
As well as looking young, she is very slim & fairly tall - with a stunning face - people her whole life have told her how stunning she is & I have always observed how because of her looks people have treated her like royalty. My dad used to be very good-looking, but he has aged a lot recently. I have 2 sisters, both stunning - I used to be fairly attractive when I was slimmer, but I always lacked confidence. I think it's because my family is so looks obsessed, I didn't think I was beautiful enough (and felt like a black sheep) and I'm very sensitive, so when I was 8 stone and my dad used to call me "Miss Piggy", "Porky Pig" etc I had loads of emotions locked up inside & when I suffered a broken-heart in my early 20's I began to comfort eat - as I had never really felt loved before & felt my life was over.
I will spend Christmas on SS, as I won't go home over Xmas, as they will just make me cry, say nasty words loud enough for me to hear etc. You can imagine if they were mean to me at 8 stone, what they are like with me know (at 9.5 stone they were almost unbearable).My dad starts it & then everyone joins (my mum doesn't, she doesn't even look me in the eye. I think she is so disgusted with how I look).

I know you probably think, why do I want to go back home to study? I am in a lot of student debt, I am single, so all the bills come out of my pocket & I really want to study languages, so I would mainly be studying abroad (far from home). I am unhappy in my career, I get up & go to work everyday & grit my teeth, but I am miserable & cry myself to bed every night.
I know once I have lost the weight & if I don't make changes to my life, I will remain miserable & comfort eat again.

I am aiming to be 9.5 stone, I know they won't be happy at that - but I have to lose the weight for me & not them.

So, I know how evil people can be. Are the people bullying you student nurses as well. If so, they are in the wrong career & need to either stop and grow up or be kicked off the course, as I always thought nurses were meant to be caring individuals.

Blueeyes that is one of the saddest and most heartbreaking posts I have ever read in relation to dieting - I just want to put my arms around you and hug you.

You are doing so well, all the more so because you are battling not just against yourself but also against the hurtful responses of those that are meant to be the ones who love you and support you through times like this.

(((hugs)))

Hi all not been on in a few days been working so havent had the time. Sounds like some of u are having a tough time though all i can say is let people think and say what they wish we will have the last laugh when we are all slim you cannot change people like that you just have to make the best of yourself. ys i would say try to keep off he scales that 5lb will soon be gone (mostly water im sure) but the way i see it with cd there is nothin we can do to determine the out come of our weight loss if were having our sachets and drinking our water our bodies will only do what they will do so just try and look at the bigger picture ignore the blip look forward towards your goal and focus on what you've lost already that way were less likely to get disheartened. Im going ok im useless at remembering my water but other than that ok i even got my old size 16 jeans on today (tight size 22 when i started) although the spare tyre of love handles doent seem to be going any where any tips for getting rid of this its awful cos either my bigger trousers hang off my legs or i have the roll problem which i have to suck in with my brigit jones's everyday. well i hope your all well and enjoying this thread as much as me,
carley x

Thank-you all for your kind words, it wasn't always that bad. Although I was never close to my parents - it was just after I turned 16, that things started to get bad.

2009 will be a fresh start for me, hopefully mid 09 I will meet my target & start to make changes in my life. I used to love sport at uni, it used to make me happy, so once I have lost the weight. I will start it up again.

Barnie23, I like to dance to latin music from youtube in the comfort of my own home (so no one sees me) and do lots of moves like rolling your hips, twisting etc - that should really improve your love handles. Dirty Dancing 2 - Dance Like This is my fav or the Sharika version Hips Don't Lie.

I have just dried my tears after reading this. I am in shock to be honest. I can't believe your family would treat you like this!!!!!
My Dad was the cause of my initial weight problem but I don't speak to him now. He sent me a Christmas card last year saying he hoped I had the worst Christmas ever and that in 2008 I die a slow painful lingering death!!! I did absolutely nothing to deserve it and to be honest I don't really want to go into detail right now 'cos I am pre mentrual and it will kick me off crrying again and I don't want to drag it all back up and end up comfort eating.
Oh well, its nearly 2009 and I'm still here so that wiped his eye!!
You keep strong and do this for YOU and we will give you all the support you need honey.

xxxxx

The results are in!!!!!

barnsie23 (thurs) 15st 9lb -4lb
blueeyes26 14st 7lb (mon)
Diet4-40 (Sat) 17st 11lb
Dieting Rambler (fri) 19st 11lb -8lb :eek:
doris (wed) 19st 13lb
downesy (wed) 14st 13lb -4lb:D
headdown (mon) 17st 7lb
karen.garraway (tues) 15st 11lb -1lb:)
x-katie-x (tues) 18st 12lb
michellethegooner (mon) 18st 2lb -4lb :D
MrsR2004 (mon)
Pammiedoll (wed) -9lb:party0049:
PoundPrincess (tues) 15st 8lb -7lb :D
rainbow27 (mon) -8lb:eek:
Sadsam26 (fri) 18st 11lb -11lb:party0011:
Sylvie86 (sun) 18st 1lb -2lb:)
TraceyR (tues) 21st 9lb -6lb
yasmine-samara (tues) 26st 12lb -8lb:cool:

Well we have our slimmer of the week for week 1 and it goes to Sadsam26 for an amazing 11lb loss

:party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011:

Slimmer of the week
Sadsam26

:party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011:​

Well done, and hopefully the start of many for you!!!!
:DKeep it up!!
Will try and sort out a logo in time for next week.

:party0019: Well Done Sadsam26:party0019:

Well done Sadsam26!!!!! Fantastic weight loss!!
All i can say about the bullies or people that are generally fat phobic is that they are very shallow.
I am very proud of the fact that people love me for me and that they enjoy my company. I feel so great when people laugh with me and that is what we have to remember. We maybe overweight but our personality won't change. i know lots of slim people that don't battle with their weight and are miserable and generally not fun to be with. i know who i would rather spend my time with. Everyone has their faults and ours are that we just enjoy our food too much.
Thank you Yasmine-Samara for taking the time to do the slimmer of the week!! It gives us something extra to work towards xxxx

Hi i have started back to the cd today i started in feb this year and finshed in june losing a total of 4 stone but since june put on 6lbs im tryin my hardest to start again im lookin to lose 17lbs - some help ful tips will be great from those who have tried getting back on the cd!! Kerry x:)
Hi,
All I would suggest is to try and reduce your carbs at least a few days before you intend to start as this will help you get into ketosis a little bit faster and up your fluids too.
When you start drink loads and try to get lots of early nights in to avoid the nibbles in the evening.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing!!!

xxx

:wow: :wow: Congratulations Sadsam :clap: :wow: :wow:

Back