Are zero noodles worth buying?

oooh that sounds lovely, I had them for lunch today with a peanut satay sauce and tofu and it was absolutely gorgeous! it was so indulgent yet still only 400cals...which was pretty much all in peanut butter. you should really try it littlesis, you will loooove it!

Sounds yummy.. Having mine this evening.

So littlesis.....whats the verdict? yummy hay! and any other recipe ideas for them? my dinner every night seems to pretty much revolve around these and veg so could do with a few new recipes to try with them. x

Sorry no. Nothing wrong with the taste of them because as you know they take on the taste of what ever you've cooked them with.. It's just that eating them reminded me of when I tried octtopuss..Something ealse I tried once and won't be trying again!!

A friend of mine is keen to try them though so she going to have the other packet. :)

ahh thats a shame, I think they are definitely an acquired taste and take a bit of getting used to. Bit like marmite either love or hate them!

Now I love marmite :D I think I may give them another go as I realised I didn't dry them off and that may have made them squidgyer (is that even a word??).

squidgyer....not sure it is but i like it! haha

I find they are better if you dry roast them first in a non stick pan and they work best with think sauces like with light cream cheese mixed with a bolognaise sauce as it then sticks to the noodles. I tend to add a spoon of light philli to the mix once prepared with most sauces.

Thanks..I'll give it a go :)

hi all, I just wanted to let you know about this great recipe that works fantastically with the zero noodles...made it the other day and it only came to 300 cals and i literally couldn't eat it all as it was so filling. It was Thai chicken and mushroom broth from this recipe...

Thai chicken & mushroom broth recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food

With the noodles in of course. If you have them you should definitely give it a go...think i will be haveing slightly different variations of this every day day dinner as i love it so much! xx

Just ordered mine there today. If they really are a good substitute for pasta ill b amazed!! Pasta is undoubtly one of my bigger weaknesses. The texture that ppl have been describing (rubbery) doesnt overly suit me. Moreso the fishy smell but iv been told zero noodles arent as fishy as some of the authentic asian brands. Fingers crossed thats true cos I REALLY hate fish. My other half loves it. Tried a bit of his cod the other day and almost vomited so if the noodles really are fishy, we might have a problem!! What did everyone think abt the fishiness??

They do smell a little (I had to get used to this living in Thailand!!) but soak them in warm water for 10-15 mins before you cook them and the smell goes away!

The smell wasn't off putting. As Caroline say's just soak them before hand.

Recived my noodles today! Havent had them
For dinner yet but opened the packet (was terrifyied of the fish smell) and its not too bad!! Think
Il b able to eat them happily. Yay.

Recived my noodles today! Havent had them
For dinner yet but opened the packet (was terrifyied of the fish smell) and its not too bad!! Think
Il b able to eat them happily. Yay.

I can't wait to hear what you make of them - I have had mine delivered but still working up the courage to cook with them LOL

Fionat29 said:
I'd love to try them, but I baulk at paying twice as much again for the postage. Lol!

This is the reason I haven't tried yet!! £7 odd for two packs!!! It's just crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I did and wish I hadn't!! ;(

Back