aren't kids lovely

Emzy22

I am feeling a bit down today after my 2nd day of doing some work experience at a infant school, i was queing the kids up to take them out to go home and the girl stood in front of the line said 'you have a big tummy' closely followed by the boy behind her asking if it was 'because i had a baby in it' my tummy is my main problem area, and it's what i hate most about myself, but i never thought it was so big it made me look pregnant! feel very down and just want to give up really, kids hey, what bundles of joy:sigh:

I am feeling a bit down today after my 2nd day of doing some work experience at a infant school, i was queing the kids up to take them out to go home and the girl stood in front of the line said 'you have a big tummy' closely followed by the boy behind her asking if it was 'because i had a baby in it' my tummy is my main problem area, and it's what i hate most about myself, but i never thought it was so big it made me look pregnant! feel very down and just want to give up really, kids hey, what bundles of joy:sigh:

hmmm....bless their little cottons!
You poor thing. My darling daughter used to tell people (when she was at nursery) that 'mummy had a baby in her tummy'. I almost died of shame when they told me......
Keep smiling. x

Children always tell it as it is unfortunately, little blighter's, but don't you just love em.....

Children can be cruel sometimes by accident, my (BA Hons) degree is in childhood studies and we have learned about how their minds work - children don't usually think before they speak and to top it off they are curious beings, least they aren't talking behind your back! that's an adult trait.... lol

Don't give up, my stomach was pretty big before SW, I have proof (unfortunately) in the form of a photo and now my tummy is toned albeit a little loose skin.. Think of how gorgeous you are going to feel when you've got to your target :) good luck!

xxxx

thanks guys, i think was just bit down about it because i just got excited over the weekend coz bought new size 14 jeans and this kinda made me think, well whats the point, but yes i will keep going, thanks for the words everyonexxxx

Going2be*fab*at40- thank you so much, this will be my motivation:)

At least they asked you if you were PG. I used to work at a nursery and a little boy at the top of his voice said 'mummy says your a fat cow'

Atleast it was a kid and not an adult, as an adult would be (in theory) have been able to identify a real baby bump.. some kids with small mummys will always associate big tummys with pregnancy if they have siblings untill they'r able to know better.

I am sorry this ruined your day hon, have you enjoyed the infant school? I am awaiting to hear about an interview reguarding a job looking after a year4 special needs boy.. *fingers x'd*

This can just be one of your stories you tell when your beautifully slim and telling everyone about your success.

Once i met a girl at a hen do who knew my OH. When she asked me how long we'd been together, her face dropped and she went very quiet. When i asked her what was wrong, she said.
'I'm so sorry, but about a year ago i saw Joe in the huntsman resteraunt with a really big girl with dark hair. They were holding hands'

She thought Joe was cheating on me.

That was me. :eek:

I feel your pain! I get it at work all the time. A couple of the girls at work (including my boss) are convinced that I am pregnant and keep making comments, although they seemed to have gone quiet since I started the diet a couple of weeks ago.

I know my manager had to speak to her, she said she hadn't said it about me just fat people in general!

aw thats true Fern yer, i just have to make sure i keep at it, and with all your lovely support on here i will get there:) apart from that i am really loving the infant school work, cant wait to travel next year round the world and teach:D Good luck for for hearing about your interview huni:)! i'm sure it will be great news:D you will have to keep me posted on developments so i can congratulate you=Dxxxxxxxxxxx

I know my manager had to speak to her, she said she hadn't said it about me just fat people in general!

:eek: Im still in shock.

I just dont understand how some people think it's okay to say that at all. What an disgusting example she's setting for her child. Girl deserves a slap!

Once i met a girl at a hen do who knew my OH. When she asked me how long we'd been together, her face dropped and she went very quiet. When i asked her what was wrong, she said.
'I'm so sorry, but about a year ago i saw Joe in the huntsman resteraunt with a really big girl with dark hair. They were holding hands'

She thought Joe was cheating on me.

That was me. :eek:

Wow, that's a pretty good anecdote.. Did you tell Joe about that? x

:eek: Im still in shock.

I just dont understand how some people think it's okay to say that at all. What an disgusting example she's setting for her child. Girl deserves a slap!

i agree thats really bad, well at least you can say your beautiful on the inside and the outside, that woman clearly isn't! i think i would of had to slap her to be honest so you did really well to not do!xxxxxxxxxxxx

awwwww children really do say things sometimes that make us cringe!! As a mummy to a very opinionated 3yr old, I sometimes stand & dread what she is going to come out with when she "spots" somebody or something & you can just see her mind going into over drive!!!!

I am glad that you are enjoying your new job & hay if your ina size 14 jeans now then it must be a teeny tiny tum you have anyway!!!

awwwww children really do say things sometimes that make us cringe!! As a mummy to a very opinionated 3yr old, I sometimes stand & dread what she is going to come out with when she "spots" somebody or something & you can just see her mind going into over drive!!!!

I am glad that you are enjoying your new job & hay if your ina size 14 jeans now then it must be a teeny tiny tum you have anyway!!!

thank you huni:D! also can i just say well done on your losses!AMAZING!!!!!!!!!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wow, that's a pretty good anecdote.. Did you tell Joe about that? x

Joe was quite mad actually, but i took it as a laugh.. his sister was there also and we almost wet ourselves laughing. The poor girl just sat with the most confused look on her face, and i was like no that was me..

then she said ' No really, this girl was huge. Honestly i dont mean to upset you, but you have to know'

She just couldnt get her read around the fact it i was the same girl!

Joe was quite mad actually, but i took it as a laugh.. his sister was there also and we almost wet ourselves laughing. The poor girl just sat with the most confused look on her face, and i was like no that was me..

then she said ' No really, this girl was huge. Honestly i dont mean to upset you, but you have to know'

She just couldnt get her read around the fact it i was the same girl!

Aw bless him for being protective and lol @ the woman for not realising, well it is a compliment because you're obviously now a helluva lot smaller :D aw bet your man is proud of you :) I know my lad's proud of me <3 xxxx

Back