Argh it's my little boy's 5th birthday party

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by futureyummymummy, 12 November 2008 Social URL.

1. futureyummymummy

futureyummymummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9lb(21.1%)
    Diet:
    Lean in 15
    On saturday and I'm sat here sorting what food I'm going to do and will have to spend all of tomorrow cooking it. How do I get through this, I don't think I'll be tempted I haven't been so far through this diet BUT when it's all laid out in front of me I might be.

Emma xXx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MandyLupton

MandyLupton Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st2.0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st2.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    S&S
    happy 5th birthday to your little one.
    You've got to think about the size you want to be!! and the food is not going to help you. It will take you out of ketosis.
    Think about why you are doing this!
    It will be hard but you can do it.

4. Poppysparkle

Poppysparkle Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(20.96%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Are you catering for the adults as well?? I know that I'd really struggle as I LOVE buffet party food! If it was me, I'd put out some healthy salads and nibbles for the adults, but for the kids, I'd get some little boxes, like you get happy meals in, and do the kids their own little picnic box! You could fill it with a sandwich, cakes, crisps, cocktail sausages, etc, etc, but because it's all seperate, you haven't got a huge plate of butties or sausage rolls looking at you, and someone will know if you sneak one!

5. Lizzie07

Lizzie07 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.95%)
    Deep breath and think of the future. Write down everything that you are going to have when you stop the diet - put all the foods on there and stick somewhere so you know you can have it all just not yet...

6. bekimo

bekimo Fighting Demons....

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Just remember that you don't NEED that food. And it always helps me to envisage how I would feel after I had eaten that cake!!

You're doing so well honey! Have fun with your little one! Food is after all just one part of the day!!

B x

7. emzski

emzski Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(16.49%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I have lost count of the amount of kiddies buffet parties I have been to. I did one for Halloween and have my sons 3rd birthday in a few weeks. I think they key is to not make an issue of it.Just keep in my mind your on the program drink your water and just keep busy chatting. You'll prob be too busy to think about eating. I know I usually I am. It will be fine and prepare you well for christmas time!

8. saz343

saz343 Full Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    Just remeber how well you are doing and ask youself is it really worth ruining the hard work?
    Hope the partys fab!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.