Argh.

DeeCe

Silver Member
I can't do it anymore! :(

I try and I just seem to "re-start" everyday since January, I don't feel like I have it in me, and the diet feels like it's taking over my whole life... but I can't seem to move on..

but I keep being bad! I just have no idea what to do.. I keep bouncing around 10'8 up to 10'13, but I'm scared to try anything else in case I put weight on again.. I'm obsessed :cry:

You answer your own dilemma there. You keep restarting, but are scared to try anything else in case you put on. You know dukan works for you, and don't want to leave it, so I'd say it sounds like you want to continue! Think how motivated you were at the start, and think how good you felt with it!!

If it helps, I'd give my right leg to be 10 8- 10 13!! (giving my right leg might do that actually...)

You can do it!!

Xx

Deecee you're doing so well generally - I love looking at what you're cooking up for menus.

Now I'm not making excuses here, this time of year is a pain in the a*rse to diet during.

You have 2 choices I would think, pick yourself up dust yourself off and realise how much you've achieved (you're well over the halfway mark of your journey) start afresh tomorrow
or
damage limitation and head for conso :)
perhaps returning to cruise when you feel stronger? x

either way we'll be here to support you as you go along

hth x

Hi Deece try writing a daily journal of what you eat and what you have to eat sometimes having things in writing helps a lot, keep looking back at your progress so you got a track of things you'll get there..

I do that & it feels helped...but now I just fold the pages over when I've failed & it depresses me and I keep forgetting to write in it.. and lately I've just been like "what's the point"

I guess as well, it's hard as I can't go out drinking with my friends (I know that sounds stupid.. but I'm only 20 .. to go out and have a bottle of wine between us..and go clubbing..alcohol makes us confident & I feel left out if I just stick to soft drinks) and it's harder for me & my boyfriend to go out because I have to scrutinise menus.. if I eat one tiny bit of chocolate I feel like my whole life is over (bit of a drama queen... :sigh: )

and TMI I'm so SICK of being constipated.. I went to the doctors and she's had to give me this powder laxitive (so gross) because she felt my stomach and I was so "full" it's been making me sick (sometimes physically) for weeks now..! :cry:

I've been considering going onto conso..it just feels like I've been dieting for so long.. I feel like I just don't know what I want.. I've been at home a lot recently and I'm sure a lot of it is boredom.. I love Dukan meals.. but I'm so not fond of the muffins or galette..so I'm a bit lost snacky-wise due to being so sick of meat sometimes or craving something crunchy... & it's not all sweets and carbs.. I've learnt to live without pasta, rice or bread.. it doesn't interest me now... but fruit & nuts I would kill for!

Cocoa and Goji berry cookies Dukan Diet Recipe

this site is great for recipes.....perhaps change up the "routine" so it's not so "routine"....

as for drinking - some get away with vodka - not that I'd advocate straying....esp. with so little way to go :)....and I'm a lightweight so I couldn't take vodka anyways :D x

if you're anything like me you eat with your eyes ;) canny talent that :D....these might help the fruit cravings....x

Thanks, I think I might see this week out & think about going onto conso next week & see if that helps!

I'm tempted to try recipes, but I've been on that site before..and some of the recipes seem a bit "iffy" & sometimes I'm just to lazy to check ingredients are okay.. or use tolerants.. so I just stick to what I know..

I've got the recipe book here...if you have anything in mind I'll see what's in it and type it up for you x

tbh I think a lot of dukan creations are hit and miss...trial and error :)....Anja is brill at sorting out even the most rubbish of recipes....see her post on recipe board about churros ;) x

DeeCe, this is classic Dukan. The second post just like this this week. And my guess, with the new year being many's start date and with Dukan's rigid schedule, similar loss rate, my guess is more to come.

Dukan addresses exactly this stage so clearly. It again, is one of the reasons I love this plan. He understands and modifies the plan not solely on weight loss, body changes, but the mind. Which is the most important diet muscle we have, imho. Reading ahead to this stage and his strategies for it, is what makes me so strongly motivated. Built in options for struggles. Stagnation or in your case boredom and frustration. If you have the book, on page 75 he outlines the choices and situation you are now in. I could copy them out for you here? Or paraphrase?

Of course, I'm new to all this and this may have all been addressed before.

Forgot to add, I had such a sweet tooth hakering last night. And my first ever mw Dukan bread probably helped create it! It was so bread like and after almost a month without, I had no idea I missed it so much!

Anyway, I made these, exactly as written.
Pink Cheesecake Cupcakes Dukan Diet Recipe
Used lemon juice in "batter" and frosting in half. Other half, vanilla "batter" and cocoa in frosting. I dare say, they were cupcakes! Very yummy :p: and, after three, I didn't want anymore. Too sweet! So, desserts in the fridge for a few days if I so choose.

DeeCe, this is classic Dukan. The second post just like this this week. And my guess, with the new year being many's start date and with Dukan's rigid schedule, similar loss rate, my guess is more to come.

Dukan addresses exactly this stage so clearly. It again, is one of the reasons I love this plan. He understands and modifies the plan not solely on weight loss, body changes, but the mind. Which is the most important diet muscle we have, imho. Reading ahead to this stage and his strategies for it, is what makes me so strongly motivated. Built in options for struggles. Stagnation or in your case boredom and frustration. If you have the book, on page 75 he outlines the choices and situation you are now in. I could copy them out for you here? Or paraphrase?

Of course, I'm new to all this and this may have all been addressed before.

I'll read the book again, I have it in my room...

I'm disappointed in myself.. I was supposed to be at target Nov/Dec time.. and go onto conso then...but I stagnated and went of track a few times.. so I've been on the diet since September and only lost like.. 14-16lbs really.. and others have lost so much more in that time.. granted I didn't have much to lose in the first place compared...

I've tried bread and stuff... some is okay..but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right but it doesn't hit the spot..and a lot comes out eggy... and for some reason I've really gone off eggs atm... I made an omelette the other day and I almost puked trying to eat it! :sigh: :(

I truly feel for you. I won't be surprised to be in your shoes. My starting weight and goal weight is very similar. My history has been to drop four pounds and then wait. Wait. Wait. And then, boom, four pounds less. But, what an effort! One of the reasons i put my goal as low as it is. I'm really hoping to get there, but, if not because of the factor you're in now, i'll reconsider and do it in phases.

Vegaspool and I were discussing that. Along with exercise's role. He successfully kept it off and has now returned to drop to his goal. That's in my back pocket, along with really amping up the physical exercise. Doing two hours of heavy duty dance aerobics a couple times a week was the only way I've ever got my body in my own eye as perfect. Not sure i'd ever think it was worth the price again.

So, my motto is. Don't become frustrated. Know I can do this. And accept it's not all going to happen on my terms. There'a a body involved here with it's own instinctual brain. Similar to an unruly, non-Cesar Milan trained alpha dog. Trying to maintain it's own level of security. And I can only take it so far before I give out. So, maintaining a current loss beats out giving out. That's not giving up to me. It's just giving the big dog time to go back, lay down, chew on a bone for awhile. Then, I'll take up again.

Dukan's advice/choices, simply are this:
1. stop. give up. go back to old ways. regain what was lost or, quite likely, more
2. re-attack and stick with it till final goal
3. admit incapable of going further, preserve losses, go to conso

Somewhere i read his statistics for those who make it all the way. Either 20 or 80. Ha! Can't remember and don't really care. I'll be in one group or the other, but, above all else, don't want to choose number 1 above. So, knowing myself, want to leave some reserve gas in the car to make it through conso.

Good luck with whatever you choose. Just, make sure you are doing the choosing. Not the bingey, bingey, wants you to fail voice that is so good at taking over. Tell it Hush Now. Go lay down and find a bone. Or, better yet, some fat to chew on. Ha!

Last edited:
I love these warm and fluffy threads... such support and Joy your posts are very insightful.

I'm also at the stage I always call "the slog"... when I'm putting in the work food wise, and doing the exercise, and losing tiddly squat! BUT, as my Mum always used to say, "just imagine what you'd have GAINED had you not been dieting!". OK not quite appropriate here!!

Deece - reading your words, it really does sound as if you've not done much baking and creating, and if you're getting fed up with the same old tried and tested recipes, this IS the time to be creative.

You say you feel cheated when you go out with friends and can't drink - as a teetotaller (having been on diets for the past 30 years or so, I quickly realised where I preferred getting my calories from!!), I can't relate as I have fun without the alcohol... (but I'm reliably informed on here that the odd v+diet coke won't harm the diet...).

Do you do much exercise? With a normal BMI, and as you say you're just 20 years old, you could increase your physical activity and try to speed your weight loss up that way.

Good luck
x
PS - and Joy, I just reread those three choices we have, and it really is spot on. If we want to be slim, we really know what we have to do and there is really just the one choice! Thanks for reminding us of those words in the book!

Deece you have done well so far especially for one so young... wish id found the diet when my weight problems started in my 20's ...mind you it probably wasnt invented then :p

have a drink when out... i find 3 v&dietcokes enough... anymore i feel ill the next day... and all the dancing you will do will help ;)

Dig out some really horrible pics of yourself at your heaviest.... granted they wont be as bad as mines but i found that helped me stop cheating and my scales are showing around a 4lb loss this week as ive been so motivated again after posting my pics

read the book again for insperation & it will help motivate you.

remember diets are only as restrictive as you make them or let them be ;)

your almost there have that last little push xx

In 2009 I had almost reached my target weight... I should have properly done the CONSO.
But there have been personal problems...long story short:
I gained all the weight back.

Today, I know better.

Have you tried tofu, fish?
Maybe your body is trying to tell you something...

Totally know the feeling, last year I couldnt string more than 2 weeks together.

Do have a good think about starting conso, and upping your exercise. You can always return to cruise for a stint when your head is in the game and you feel ready to attack a few more pounds.

hi DeeCe,

A lot of useful advice already.

One thing I wanted to pick up on: you write about the constipation - and if you're so fed up with the whole thing - why don't you switch to PV every day. Not full conso, just PV. That would give you more fibre and help you digestive system. And while we're here: make sure you eat lots of green veg etc. Tomatoes and mushrooms are not quite enough. Sorry I have not ventured to the menus for all long time, so apologies if you already have plenty of 'good' veg. Are you having Rhubarb too? that helps.
Try not to let it get too bad - make sure *something* happens at least every 3 days or so - if necessary help with laxatives - senna is allowed.

I'm sure you can do it, relax, and don;t beat yourself up if you do have the ONE piece of chocolate - if it help you stick with the plan in general. One choc is preferable to a 2-day binge because you've cracked after pushing yourself too hard!

The same with meals out. Do go out (stick to just once a week though), do scrutinise the menus but then just choose the 'lesser evil' - plain/grilled over sauces, fat over carbs (think atkins), and try to ask for veg or salad sides instead of potatoes or pasta.

Your losses will slow but you should still make progress in the long term. If you can handle the slowing of losses then maybe try an adapted Dukan that suits the 'place' you're in at the moment. In any case, please please don't just give up. if you don't write in your diary any more then talk to us ;-) - we'll always talk back!

Deece - reading your words, it really does sound as if you've not done much baking and creating, and if you're getting fed up with the same old tried and tested recipes, this IS the time to be creative.

Do you do much exercise? With a normal BMI, and as you say you're just 20 years old, you could increase your physical activity and try to speed your weight loss up that way.

Good luck
x
I actually exercise quite a bit usually, not lately as my gym set fire and has been closed; but now I've found a new one. I usually go about 3 times a week... and either spend 20 mins/half hour on treadmill and x trainer at a normal speed and then do weight training or I do weights and interval training on the treadmill. Whilst my gym was closed I went out on walks.. and as I nanny I would take the kids out more.. or walk to their after school clubs which were close by rather than drive.. I always take the stairs etc etc..

I tried baking, but I think because I loved cooking and baking pre-Dukan, nothing is the same.. sometimes I make something really good but it's usually a meal .. but any desserts usually make me feel sick.. I've made loads of muffins but they turn out odd.. & I live at home.. so everyone eats everything I make or buy even when I ask them not to.. and when things turn out wrong I feel bad because it's like a waste..and it's my parents that are paying for that and I can't afford to give them any more money on top of what I pay to live here!

I think I may need to go on to Conso maybe until I feel like getting back on track and more motivated.. tbh since Christmas I haven't felt myself at all!

Last edited:
Have you tried tofu, fish?
Maybe your body is trying to tell you something...

I tried to Tofu.. I only really like making puddings from it.. as I prefer eating chicken in stir frys etc...

And I've gone off fish tbh.. salmon is about all I can stomach atm

hi DeeCe,

A lot of useful advice already.

One thing I wanted to pick up on: you write about the constipation - and if you're so fed up with the whole thing - why don't you switch to PV every day. Not full conso, just PV. That would give you more fibre and help you digestive system. And while we're here: make sure you eat lots of green veg etc. Tomatoes and mushrooms are not quite enough. Sorry I have not ventured to the menus for all long time, so apologies if you already have plenty of 'good' veg. Are you having Rhubarb too? that helps.

I try Rhubarb when I find it. Tbh for a while I considered vegetables evil too, and reduced what I ate... but usually I eat broccoli or cauliflower or cabbage.. & I've started having wheatbran..

I have these nasty sachets from the doctor because I have "gone" "properly" in almost two weeks and like I mentioned before it was making me sick and bloated.. my stomach is really swollen and all the doctor had to do was gently touch it and it was really painful.. I tried Senna too but all it did was give me wind..

I think because I haven't been feeling well, things like this have put me off the diet..

Back