arithesis

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by maclynn, 5 March 2011 Social URL.

1. maclynn

maclynn Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st10lb
    hi, iwas wondering if anyone else suffers from it. I get it in my neck and shoulders, its bad today. I was wondering, i you do, get it how you ease it. I do use heat cushions. Any ideas would help. Thanks in advance:cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Toots

Toots Gold Member

Diet:
    Exante
    Sorry, never heard of it but hope you find a solution to ease it

xxx

4. Minimunchkins

Minimunchkins Gold Member

Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Maclynn - just bumping this for you in case you meant Arthritis.
    If not, sorry for butting in ;)

5. maclynn

maclynn Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st10lb
    thank you hun, my spelling's getting bad:D

6. Toots

Toots Gold Member

Diet:
    Exante
    Aaah - I've heard of that!!!

My mum swears by ibuprofen gel and glucosamine pills. I've heard that rosehip also helps.

Other than that, for pain relief you can get heat patches that will give almost immediate relief that you can wear under your clothes

Good luck

xx

7. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I use ibobrufen too but in tablet form. The 600 ones.
    I too have it in my neck and shoulders and have just started with it in my thumb joints.

8. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    I have a tens unit, but I usually use it on my back. And if your heart doesn't stop then ice I find is better than heat on my neck.

9. Kankles

Kankles Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(13.86%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi maclynn, I have arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis. Had it since I was 13 and now 33. Nice warm baths have been a godsend to me, sometimes even in the middle of the night when the pain is so bad.

I also bought a V pillow, this helps in bed to support your neck and shoulders.

Stress makes mine worse and so does my * week believe it or not, so if you are ever stressed do something or go somewhere that's allows you to relax.

Acupuncture also helped but that was in my spine because of spasms.

As for medicine, you can have herbal glucosomine & condroitin, it works for some not others. I'm on injections unfortuntely as mines too advanced for natural intervention. If yours is so severe that normal anti inflammatories such as the ones recommended on here don't help, see your GP and ask for a stronger one. I take arcoxia on top of my injections. It's one of the better ones I've tried.

Hope this helps x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.