Arrrggggghhh Indian meal out!

moomintrolljen

Will be thin god dammit!!
My OH has just informed me we are off out this evening for a friends birthday meal :)
At an Indian :mad:
I have no idea what to have and want to be super good this week if poss
:break_diet:
Suggestion please? Im looking for damage limitation here

Hi Jen, why not look around the eating out sub forum - I bet there are loads of Indian food ideas on there.
Enjoy it!

Will do thanks x

Well for anyone else planning an Indian meal out I have found that the lowest syn dish in an indian is chicken dhansak - 6.5 syns on an EE day.
I can have plain rice - free on an EE day!
Poppadoms are something like 5.5 syns each and 1/4 of a naan is 5 syns too.

I dont mind the heat ;)
Im afraid I can't eat prawns :(

Oh I was going to have a nose round the eating out section for this. Its my dad's birthday next weekend & we are all going to his fav resturant which happens to be Indian - typical!

I don't do EE so was hoping if I went for a green day - I could try & order a veg curry & plain rice - going to see what I can find out :)

I'd always go for a baked dish - but then that's me!!!!
I went to a Burmese restaurant, they had sauteed spinach with fenugreek seeds, fancied that, so asked them to just steam the spinach.
Hope that you have a wonderful meal!

Thank you - I think i'll leave the naan bread and pickles etc to every one else and stick to me dhansak!

I always have a chicken tikka starter, followed by chicken dhansak (6.5), or chicken jalfrezi (8.5) with plain boiled rice and thats more than enough for me!

I had an Indian meal on Saturday, and went Green, opting for a yellow dhal with boiled rice and a wholemeal chapati.

Think it was not too bad (tasted great!) :D

I don't like spicy food and find dhansak just a little hotter than korma (it is lovely though) but i suppose it depends on the indian have fun just incase you wanted something spicer x

Well I had chicken tikka starter and then opted for chicken jalfrezi (which was lovely and hot) with bolied rice for 8.5 syns and 1/4 of a naan for 5 syns
Slightly over the 10 syns for the day but i thouroughly enjoyed it and drank diet coke all night so no syns wasted there!

Back