Arrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Since losing weight and getting to target do you have excess skin?

• Total voters

francomac

Really struggling here the now,
Since Jan I've lost nearly 4 stone on slimming world, all has been well went from 18 stone down to 14 stone.
For last 4 weeks my weight hasnt budged but im aware its not because of fat. Ive been working out at the gym quite alot and measuring my body fat which has went from 26% down to 13.7% But now i have excess skin everywhere, especially on my chest, waist and ass! Its so frustrating. Last year im embarressed to wear nice clothes because im so fat. Now this year im so embarresed because i have all this excess skin.

Has anyone else had this? if so what did they do?

There's not that much you can do about the excess skin besides surgery. Although if you lose weight a little slower then there won't be as much excess.

Although if you lose weight a little slower then there won't be as much excess.

^This.

Loose skin is going to be unavoidable, but you can help to reduce it by loosing weight slowly (1-2lb a week) and giving your body the time to shrink back. Also drinking lots of water can help, and toning exercises rather than cardio.

Yeah, as the others have said, loose skin is more or less inevitable with significant weight loss, especially if you lose weight quickly. As I just said to someone else, the only solution is generally said to be surgical removal, but be proud of what you've achieved and view the loose skin as being a small price to pay for being much lighter and healthier. :) xx

A few real possible options for removing loose skin includes:

• waiting
  • muscle building
  • surgery
  • creams & lotions

good luck my friend

It's one of the things that ends up going hand in hand with weightloss isn't it. I would rather have excess skin than be overweight though.

Back