arrrrrrrrgggggghh.... PRESS, PRESS, AND MORE BLOODY PRESS...

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Richard James, 13 September 2006 Social URL.

1. Richard James

Richard James Member

My agent called me today and told me it's time to run my weight loss story, I said OK lets go with it.... The phone as not stopped ringing all day bloody long..... TV, Papers, Glossy Mags.... don't know if i am coming or going at present!!!!!

think i may just crawl back in my shell and hide for another 6 months!!!:eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

How lovely for you!

4. bigbluefurrymonster

bigbluefurrymonster Full Member

5. Karen1972

Karen1972 Gold Member

Wow Richard, that's coooool! What's your story?

6. desperate2lose

desperate2lose Regular Member

Start Weight:
    23st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Diet:
    SnS
  7. Richard James

Richard James Member

I am a TV psychic Medium, they want to know how i lost the weight etc, and hopefully raise more awareness about obesity in men. As we often get brushed aside by the diet companies, be honest when was the last diet advert on TV or in a magazine aimed at a man....

The only one i can think of was Slimfast back in 1990 DJ Barry Bethal wasn't it???? LOL

8. Karen1972

Karen1972 Gold Member

oh excellent!! Did you see it coming? lol lol lol lol lol

9. bigbluefurrymonster

bigbluefurrymonster Full Member

10. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(9.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Richard,

Congratulations Richard and you go for it!!!

I agree that awareness about obesity and solutions for it need to be directed at men also.

My husband was a bit overweight and has now lost just over a stone and half and he would not go to WW with me...we did the diet at home together and he lost weight and it worked very well for him.

He could see how slowly it was coming off me and I found it so disappointing...

But we learnt so much and because of it we have become so aware about what we now buy and eat.

We would never go back to buying certain items of food ever again now that we are more aware what is in them.

Back to basics:)

11. louisa26

louisa26 Full Member

hi richard thanks fantastic well done!!

i am very interested in psychics and alsorts!! where r u based i would love a reading sometime!

12. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Well done buddy!!

M.

13. Summerskye

Summerskye Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(34.6%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    That's very true, Richard and I think it's a great idea! They always say there's no such thing as bad publicity too don't they? :)

14. Gem Dec 17th 06

Gem Dec 17th 06 Full Member

How much weight did you lose??

Gemx

15. demon

demon Cambridge Diet Counsellor

How exciting richard - it's great that you have the chance to up the profile of CD :D

16. shellyamber

shellyamber Full Member

Diet:
    meal replacement
    thats great Richard...Its a lot harder for men to be open about weight and to get the help and support..X

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.