ArtyJoe: Given Up on CD

Hi, how's it going????

Given up!

For the second time on restarting CD I have had a horrible 'accident' with regards to the runs...my body is obviously rejecting the packs or not happy with the bars...but whatever, that's it for me, no more CD.

I am still trying to stay focussed but am now following a different strategy. I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow as it's likely now I'm off CD I'll immediately gain a pound or two in water. Then I'm going to go back to Weight Loss Resources and try for a calorie controlled diet of 1100.

In reality, I need to lose 12 pounds in 6 weeks in order to fit into my wedding dress when it arrives at the end of September. I will try for the next 3 weeks to focus and lose 2 pounds a week (which I know will be hard as I find calorie counting hard to stick to as I have such a big appetite, I didn't get a large arse for not eating!). If within 2 weeks I haven't focussed then I'm going to go to the Paul McKenna seminar and if I am not focussed by the end of September then I'm going to Harley Street and finding the most expensive accreddited hypnotherapist I can find! If that doesn't work I'll do CD for two weeks before the wedding (ensuring that I don't leave the house and wear a nappy for the duration) :)

I think this decision is actually the hardest to date as I was really 'there' with regards to mentally being on CD.

I do think thre is an ingredient within that doesn't agree with me as I've had loads and loads of LL packs and bars for 5 months and never once had a problem...or maybe it's just a once in a lifetime diet and my body's just now allowing it again!

I'll keep a diary and hope that with support I will make it, although I have to say, 6 weeks suddenly doesn't seem a bloody long way to go - eek.

Oh honey, I'm so sorry. You have obviously given this a lot of thought, and asked all the questions. Did you try splitting the packs? Could the runs be because you were having more than 4 packs per day?

Whatever you decide to do, you know there is a place for you here at Minimins, and people offering support. xx

Oh hun!!!!

Sorry to here it's not gone well. It sounds like you have given it a lot of thought and have made your decision. I do wonder if it's the bars causing the problem. I've decided to have 4 packs a day to help me get going. 2 of the 4 are to be bars. Had 2 Sunday and yesterday, and now am a permanent resident of the bathroom. I just figure in a few days I'll get used to the extra bars, failing that, I will have a pack instead made up as a mouse or a choc. bar.

Good luck and I hope you find something that will work for you soon.

HUGS!!!

Back