Total Solution Aryathebrave's fighting the flab

Day 33 and on the positive note, I'M IN THE 12s!!! Only just, but it feels good.

I managed another 100% day, though I did have a couple of mushrooms with my exante eggs omelette and a teeny sprinkle of cheese. Made it taste so much better. I also had a strawberry shake and coffee for breakfast, Maxitone bar for lunch, some bouillon and half an Asda banana shake after half the packet of eggs for dinner. Some flavoured caramel coffee, too.

I've been feeling really tired and had a bit of an argument with a colleague at work, so energy is running low at the mo. I've also been researching the intermittent fasting and am really excited to give it a go soon. I just miss real, healthy good too much, so as soon as the packs I done, I will try it. I'll try to follow it while on holiday also.

I keep thinking about my dad and feel so guilty that I cannot do anything for him. Please keep him in your thoughts and thank you again, ladies, for being so supportive. Have a lovely evening x

So pleased that you have reached the 12s Arya. This diet does make us a bit tetchy at times but you are human after all. XX

Too tired and hot to update, suffice to say it's been another 100% day. X

Well done on sticking with it and for getting into the 12s! Hope tomorrow goes just as well.

So today was the official WI for week 5 - following the silly gains on food week, this week I have lost over 6lb! Not only that, I have lost 2 stone in 5 weeks! Very happy with that, cos boy, did I have some major wobbles yesterday (hence no update).

As I mentioned before, I've been thinking about what I'm going to do diet wise long term, as for me staying on Exante for months is not sustainable. I also think that it is important that I change my eating habits for life, as I don't want to be back here a year down the line, having piled all of the weight (and some) back on, which I gather is often the case. So, I am really drawn to intermittent fasting as I know my willpower is strong and I can survive a day (or three) on minimal calories. In preparation, I have purchased some lovely recipe books (which arrived at the weekend) and was planning to give it a go this week. I spent yesterday afternoon at a local park, where hubby and Olivia had a little picnic and I read the recipe books while sipping fizzy water. It made me feel utterly miserable and then some of Olivia's sausage jumped into my mouth... Hubby was horrified (he is very supportive of my dieting)! So back at home I made the decision to join them for dinner - they had roast chicken with rice and steamed veggies, I had some chicken (no skin) with a lovely side salad). It felt so good to be eating with them! And to be fair, I felt full pretty quickly. I decided not to have my third pack and just covered myself with a multivitamin.

So today, I was all ready to go on the first fast of the week, when I jumped on the scales, saw a great result and... changed my mind. I will continue with Exante this week and possibly the next (might have a very low carb meal once or twice) and then reassess. It doesn't make sense to chuck it in when I still have loads of products left and I can still lose some weight before the holiday. Hubby really supports my decision. So far today, I've had a cup of coffee, chocolate shake and a cup of lady grey tea. Hope all of you, fellow Exantians, have a great day! x

Last edited:
Well done on the 2st loss in five weeks. I've been through your exact thought process re. fasting but have decided to still try and stick to Exante as much as possible for the time being but have a low carb meal if I feel like it e.g. last night I did a BBQ for James and a couple of his mates and ate some chicken, a burger and some salad. Stayed off the pizza though. I'm going to do this until I get to 14st at least, hopefully by the end of July, that will see me at my halfway point, and then take a view from there. It will mean I still have 3 stone to lose which should take me around 4 months on a 4:3 fast regime. BUT, if I'm feeling strong with Exante I might decide to go to 13st. It all depends on how my head copes over the next few weeks. The 15s have felt like a slog - I still have 4lbs to drop to get out of them - so if the 14s are the same I can't see me continuing after that. BUT, whatever mode of transport I decide on, I am definitely going all the way this time. Just might be a bit later arriving then initially estimated.

Excellent loss Arya, well done.

No point changing things if they are giving you good results so wait & see how it goes xx

Last edited:
Brilliant Arya. Keep on going, whatever way works for you Hun :) xx

Evening! Hope everybody is doing well? It's really hot here, so I'm feeling sluggish. On the food front, I've had a banana shake with coffee for breakfast, an Atkins bar and a cup of caramel flavoured coffee for lunch, half a spag bol pack and small side salad made with rocket, radish, gherkins, cucumber and a couple of olives for dinner. Since I've had the salad, I will probably not eat the other half a pack. I will have a little coke zero and that will be it. STS on the scales this morning. Have a lovely evening, ladies. X

How are you doing Arya? X

Hope you are feeling a bit more perky today Arya xx

Evening, ladies! Exhausted central here again, as hubby was away in Amsterdam on business all day yesterday and today I was at the zoo all day with students. Diet wise, it's been, shall we say, interesting.

So you all know that I've been struggling lately with the whole powdered food for space cadets business and really craving 'normal' food. Yesterday at work, was a particular low and I was just feeling plain miserable with all the colleagues around eating lovely looking lunches while I chewed on a bar... So, I decided that I will do what feels good and opted for a lovely salad for dinner (egg, tuna and veggies). I didn't have the last pack and just took a multivitamin.

Today, the scales are showing a nearly 2lb gain! This is crazy! Does my body just not like real food? Or is it that TOTM is coming up? I really don't know, but feeling kinda upset. I was going to stick to TS, but loads of walking around the zoo made me super hungry, so I had a chicken breast salad in addition to an Atkins bar (couldn't finish that, though). Oh, and two Americanos with a dash of milk each. Don't know whether to have my last pack (or half of it), as I'm not feeling particularly hungry. What do you think? I will have to have some food tomorrow as well, as we're having a leaving do lunch thingy for my manager. But, hey, we can't let the diet take over our lives. I have made wise choices, not given in to any carbs, chocolate or cakes, so I should really be proud. Instead, I feel a bit like a failure...

How's everyone else?x

Hi Arya. Hope your day got better. I sometimes struggle too and evenings are just torture. I've been managing by counting down to my trip away. One day at a time is much easier. It's helping me focus as I want another stone off and have 35 days left to do it. I will be having a week or so off then for my trip and birthday then back on it before Egypt late September. The thought of wearing swimwear still terrifies me!!!
Another thing that helps is saying to myself I could be 4lb lighter this time next week. Don't get me wrong, days I really struggle and have caved but then feel guilty. I too put weight on with even a healthy meal but then feel I spend the next 3 days trying to lose it. At the moment I just want to just get to target ASAP. Hope some of this has helped a little. Chin up chick. Your doing great and it's not a race. You will find what works for you. Have you thought about TS+ or even mixing it up so you have some light meals a week? Keep on going Hun :) xx

Ignore the scales. That isn't 'fat' weight; there's something else going on. Keep on being good and give your body a few days to settle itself before you weigh again. You'll be fine.

Thank you, ladies. Today has not been a 100% day! but I was prepared for that. I'm expecting another crazy massive gain tomorrow!

I had a vanilla shake with a coffee for breakfast. We went out for lunch as our manager is leaving, so I had to join in. Thankfully, it was at a local Organic Cafe, so I had roasted aubergines with cheese and tomato pure, Greek salad, avocado and mozzarella salad and some roasted veggies. Yummy. I also had a an Americano with a dash of milk. Back at work, I had a cup of caramel flavoured coffee with a dash of milk also. When I got home after work, I knew that I couldn't face powdered food. So, I had half a banana shake and a a lovely Greek salad that came to 229 calories. I also had a couple of bresaola slices and a bite of hubby's pork skewer (only a teeny bite) .

I am really torn... I know exante delivers good results, but I also know that any change I make has to be for life. I am also badly craving fresh, healthy food (salads and the like). So I'm in a pickle, so to speak. I'm off to do the ab challenge and think some more about what to do.
Night, lovelies! X

So the weekend is nearly over and I haven't updated...

Saturday was a super struggle for me. I was all over the place mentally, feeling angry, snappy, fat (gain on the scales again and even bigger today), craving food and feeling sorry for myself. I was nearly 100%, apart from a few slices of brasoeala and a few olives. And then I realised I got my period! Hope most of the gain is water retention as if this is how my body deals with minimal amounts of low carb food, I am royally screwed!

Today I'm feeling better mentally, though this gain of nearly 4lb is driving me mental. I had a shake and coffee for breakfast, bar and hazelnut coffee for lunch, an Americano with a dash of milk in a cafe and some roast chicken with a side salad for dinner. I'm having cramps and feeling really tired, though still need to do the ab challenge. Hope everyone had a lovely weekend. X

Sorry you've been feeling so rubbish but glad you're feeling better today. Just hang on in there. You've already come so far and you really haven't got that long to go in the scheme of things.

Hope today is a better one for you Arya. The gain has got to be water so will soon disappear x

Evening, ladies! Just a quick update - the gain was gone this morning and the official loss for last week shows as 2lb. Not too bad, considering all this blinking yoyo-ing that was going on! I had 2 packs today and 2 slices of ham, 2 small slices of lean, trimmed bacon, some mushrooms and a side salad for dinner. Don't know whether to have half a shake now? Hope everybody's well. X

Back