as anyone else had second thoughts?

When I lose focus and feel week I want to try something different - anything other then SW. Or I think I am ok at the size I am so that I can just eat crap. When these times hit I need to see my reflection and write out the reasons for me to lose weight and normally this restores my faith. Whatever plan you do there is always hard work, temptation and the risk of cheating. Good luck in deciding your furture steps :)

I have a new way of dealing with the takeaway problem. Whenever I go past the chip shop, or find myself next to the chiller cabinet in Waitrose where they sell those lovely pizzas, I say "I am definitely having one of those, there is nothing to stop me, I am going to have a whole pizza to myself (or a big cod and double chips) - but not today. I will have them, and I am looking forward to having them, I am not depriving myself of them, just not today".

And, odd though it might seem, it works. The "not today" has turned into months, at least as far as the fish and chips is concerned, and I used to have them once a week. (I will confess to having one of the new pizzas, but I did share it with someone!)

What fantastic, sound advice from everyone.

You only have to look at the weight loses achieved by them to see that they really know what they are talking about.

My niece lost 8 stones with SW and had the same addiction as you...... weekend takeaways. She used to save enough syns to have 1, just 1 weekend takeaway.

It is true "one mans meat is another mans poison " so what suits someone else isn't necessarily the one for you.

Good luck Gemma, you will make it, because you want to.

I'm not an expert because I've only just started slimming world. The thing which encourages me is that people do lose weight on Slimming World. I lost 3lb this week. So its possible.

If you know its possible for others, then its definitely possible for you

xxx

thankyou so much, I'm really trying now i got weighed but didn't stay as my friend i go with gained and she didnt want to stay so i went home with her, but when i got home i felt rubbish in myself not staying and talking so i think thats when it clicked i actually like the plan.

im going to take all your advice in
im gonig to:
think to myself i can change to another diet if i really need to
i can have a takeaway just not today
and believe in myself..

this month is the month 30 days 100% if i really want a takeway i can save my syns and have one! im just looking now for curry recipes for weekend (if i take fresh chicken out wouldnt want to waste it)

i know one thing whatever future im sticking to minmins i couldnt be without any one of you and i cant put into words how much i appreciate each and everyone of you. thankyou x

Big, big hugs from me too chica.

You can acheive anything you want to acheive. You are in control...........

((((()))))))

Gemma,
14lbs loss in less than 2 months is bloody brilliant - you need to give it a chance and not be too hard on yourself. Personally, I do not see SW as a diet but something I can stick to forever.
We are in this for the long road.

What a lovely thread - just wanted to add something my consultant said two weeks ago that stuck with me. When something is on the menu or offered or you pass it in the supermarket aisle - say to yourself 'is this my only opportunity to have this - or can I have it another time'. Its just like your 'not now but later '. Makes perfect sense to me - when Michele Roux rings me and invites me to dinner - I'll go, but I'll save that ready meal for another time.

Don't know why I fancy Michele Roux - he just seems to do it for me - very stern, very focussed you know.

Hi gem just wondered if you fancied a weightloss buddy? We are so similar its unreal lol. I binge eat to, if i have a good week i go off plan, if i dont think its working i think sod it i will just have that chocolate bar or whatever. We will get there one day at a time, as hard as it is we need to break these lifetime habits we have got. This time next year we will be looking back and saying wow im so glad we got over that blip and i feel fantastic in my new summer wardobe.

Take care hun xx

That would be wonderful for both of you.

xxx

Back