as you lose weight......

tsweety81

hi there im just wondering if anyone out there who started around the same weigh as me of 210 lbs once you started losing weight did you lose it around your thighs and legs too.im going on holiday in aug and already started looking at swimwear im about a size 18/20 so no idea what size i could get to but when i look in the mirror my legs r horrible i was jst wondering if your legs do get thinner too.i know i shud start exercising too but start off slowly.i dont work as iam at home with my 2 yr old and 10 yr old so i really really dont go out very often and where i live there isnt really anywhere to walk.what exercise do you do that you would reccommend.i have wii fit but tbh i still dont have much energy so im hoping once i do i will be able to do that everyday.......any sorry bout the long thread and please anyone feel free to leave me a message cheers x

Hiya I started the diet in the 1st Jan, and weighed 212lbs, and was a size 16, I carry all of my weight mostly on my lower half, my thigh measurements were 25 inches, Hips 48 inches, waist 38 inches, 7.5 weeks in I'm now 184lbs and measure 21 inches on each thigh, 43 on my hips and 33 on my waist. Hope this helps xx

Hi tsweety.

It probably dies depend on your body shape. I hate my inner thighs. My legs go thinner but my inner thigh fat, is so stubborn. I can get to near goal and its just starting to move. It does look better than it does , than when I was bigger though.

I also have bingo wings so I am hoping they go down to.

Just keep at it and the weight losses will spur you on.

Have you tried doing an exercise dvd with your kids? My daughter loves it, she says shall we do Billy or Clare today mammy?

Granted by the end she has her toys out while I am sweating away. Lol I have to stop now and than as you know , kids always want something. I pause it and carry on. My daughter is at nursery now , so its a lot easier.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Take your measurements weekly thats what I do as some weeks you might not have fab weight loss but make up for it in inch loss. I do wii fit too, mostly step and boxing to be honest and if I am in a mood for a sweat session I will stick on Just Dance. I might have only lost 10lbs so far but I have had 10.5 inches of weight loss all over, most came off my thighs, calves and arms. Good Luck and keep going. With regards to swimwear hold off until June/July you will pick some up in the sales.

I still hate my thighs and hope that they start to get a bit thinner as I get nearer goal. Everyone is different though and we all lose from different areas.

I started at 270 lbs and am now 166 lbs. I don't have my thigh measurement unfortunately but my hips have gone from 55inches to 43. I find where tge weight goes from very odd. I mean - how does your body decide?! There was a period of a month or so when it only seemed to come off my legs and it made a huge difference to them! There's still some fat at the top and some tummy fat but often that's the last to go as female bodies like to hold onto that in case of pregnancy apparantly...

I'd like to know where it goes from too. I can't envisage where the almost 5 stone I have lost 'lived' before. I was too horrified to take measurements when I started so don't have the sense of scale inches wise but I can tell how much I've lost from my clothes.

I know I've lost a lot from my stomach as when I lie in bed it's pretty flat now whereas before it seemed huge. I still have what I call an 'overhang' on my stomach tho as it hangs down. If I keep going will that go away eventually? I don't remember having it last time I got to goal (I'm 18lbs away from my goal this time around).

Last edited:
My stomach at goal size 8-10 is flat no overhang at all when I'm stood up

Bending over the loose skin hangs, this is down to having stretched so much having 4 kids and one of them 11lbs

But my over hang went :)

I am the same lots, my lower stomach even when thin is still going to be saggy after it was stretched in pregnancy.

I did read that loose skin looks better on toned exercised muscle than loose muscle. Hmm dont know how much better though.

Well last time at target I was at gym 5 times a week and swimming 6 days a week too and skin never shrunk back

This time I'm waiting 6 months and opting for a tummy tuck

Hmm, I'm not trying for size 8-10 tho. Maybe I'll just have to live with it a bit as I can't see it all going in the next 18lbs. I don't think it's skin and I can feel nasty fat globules beneath the surface. Of course I might be left with skin when the fat (hopefully!) disappears.

Well you never know its a lot 18lbs it will reduce considerably

I suppose if you say it quickly 18lbs doesn't seem that much (well not in comparison to the 66lbs I've lost anyway) :)

66 is a huge amount and you must feel so much better for it. But as you lose weight each 1 pound makes a bigger difference than the last because it's coming off of a smaller body each time :)

Yeah, I do feel great now but can still see the bits I want to go away in the mirror. Plus I'm ok when fully clothed but definitely not slim enough for holiday attire like shorts or swimsuits.

Unfortunately the weight is just not coming off at the moment :(. I'm having a real hard time shifting this last bit but I'll keep plugging away and it must go away eventually I hope!

I found before my last stone a nightmare and sometimes it's a case of doing a few weeks on a higher calories say 800 to 1000 and then go back down to vlcd.

I lose weight slow when not on a vlcd

It's your body holding on to the fat saying I know she'll give up soon enough but prove it wrong hun and it will soon let go. :)

I think I would def need a tummy tuck and boob lift after I am done. 3 c sections and 2 major abdominal surgeries I am not going to have a flat tum. I am eager to see how Deezer gets on with her non evasive liposuction in April as that might be an option too.

Go ahead girlies iv only started n lost 8lbs
Have you ever seen 1lb of fat ewww its a huge ammount so well done :)

Most people on here know I am always moaning about how vlcd and ketogenic diets lose you the weight from the head down! I have always been top heavy but u find my top half now a little smaller than the bottom! Must admit my legs have slimmed down and my bum and hips look better too. Am now doing sit ups and crunches and leg squats as many nights as I can. I HATE the gym but I walk everywhere as I don't have a car so think that helps me :)

Back