Asda chick pea dahl anyone?

Will have to remember that one next time I pass a Morrisons.

ive brought some chick pea dhal today from asda - will try it with jacket pot tomoz - thanks for the info about morrisons sudhar - easier for me to get to mozzas than asda!

I am going to go & BULK BUY!!! I will clear the shelves if need be - I can not live with out my Chickpea Dhal :eek::cry::eek:

I do that.. I had 16 tins in my cupboard, which is now 15 after just having a tin for supper!

Thanks so much for this thread, I never knew this chick pea dahl even existed but tried it last week - delish!

Got to go out by the Asda'a that does have Chickpea Dhal next Wednesday so popping in to get some more!!

I just made the chick pea dahl loaf thingy from the recipes again, as the last taster session we had in class it went that quick some people didnt get to try it, so I promised them another one.

chick pea dahl is fab! Just a shame I am on red days at the mo

Helen xxx

Yes, it is absolutely free. If you look up in the syns area you can find more lovely things to have

Tried it for the first time last night. Will stock up now. It's not exactly mild though, I found it more than hot enough for me and still got a sweat on! Was lovely with rice and a blob of mango chutney to make it feel like curry night.

Tried the Sundar one or whatever it's called from Morrisons.....eugh! Not a patch on the Asda one, it was gross. I'll be off to Asda to stock up even though it's 30 miles away!

There has been much conversation about this chick pea dahl at my group, but I can't find it anywhere! Apparently the sundar one has changed names, but looks the same and my consultant checked the syns and is still free and can be bought at b&m bargains place?

have brought some today aswell, stocked up was only 77 pence and a tin may do two meals, so what a bargin especially when on a budget. used to have it a long time is so yummy. thanks so so much for this thread.

sharon

Also check out Sainsburys freefrom chickpea curry pouches. In the well being aisle. I syn-ed it and it came up free on Green/EE.
They also do a saag aloo which looks as if it might be syn free.

I am having chickpea on toast for breakfast with an egg on top. It is also yummy with Longleys ff cottage cheese.

Bit pricey though at £1.30 for 150g.

whoo hoo thanks for this post, i have just got back form asda with 2 tins might take one to work in my food flask tomorrow x

Back