Asda chick pea dahl anyone?

Another good treat is to blitz a tin of the dahl with a hand blender and then use it as a spicy hummus dip with raw veg, lovely, hmmm

mmmm, I'm SO trying that tonight, thank you!

what does it taste like? x

Haven't tried the asda one, but the Sundar Chickpea dahl is lush, also free on Green or EE, I have only found it in Morrisons, so if you don't have a Asda near by try this one!

Hi all. I'm doing an online shop with Asda - never usually go there as it's too far...Has anyone tried their chick pea dahl and what does it taste like? Thinking of putting an order in for some...Ta you lovely peeps! X

Hey!!

The chick pea dahl is lovely! I sometimes have it with chicken, or a jacket potato, or some rice. I like to take it to work and heat up with some stir fry vegetables.

Best of all its free on extra easy!!

Give it a go!

I really like their chick pea dahl, its a very mild curry flavour, and quite filling, I usually have half a tin with some rice. Its really good for a syn free meal when you want something quick and easy.

Also a few people in my group said to bulk it out or to add some superfree they add cooked mushrooms and veg etc, I bet that would be nice.

Sounds nice *trots off to place order*...

really nice - tastes a bit like chip shop curry to me, so I add a pinch of garam masala and cooked chicken to make it more curry like if I'm having it with rice, or just embrace the chip shop flavour and have it on a jacket potato!

oh gosh i forgot about this. will be getting a few tins.

quite nice as previously said with rice or a jacket. might take this to taster night at SW.

I sometimes just have it on it's own.. I really like it. I like it with SW chips, then I can dip my chips into it, then eat the rest when the chips are gone... :drool:

I love it xx

Sounds lovely. I'm looking forward to my delivery tomorrow now! X

I put a tin of this in the SOTW basket (which I then won) so I gave it away to spread the chaana dahl love. I love it.

Saw Dhal, and thought I would stop by - its easy to make yourself as well :) lentils, onions, garlic, garam masala, corriander, cumin and stock.

Thanks Loopy - that's a great suggestion. I'll try that! X

I had this tonight after seeing this thread yesterday, you set me off lol. I had a tin of this with a tin of chopped tomatoes a punnet of mushrooms and two chicken breast and some chilli powder. It was yum and there is loads left over. Mmmmm

Back