Asda curry pot and chinese meals values?

frugal fifer

Silver Member
I remember years ago that some of the curry pot and chinese meals were free on SW, are there still any?
I got the good for you s/s chicken and the only value I can get online is for a pre-packed one at 7 syns. I rarely shop at asda and don't want to get the big asda book so if anyone can help me with low syn or free meals in that section of the store I would be really pleased.

Thanks anyway squiddie, was just hoping there might be something to keep in the freezer for an emergency take out fix :)

I found a couple of free meals on Green, Tesco Healthy Living/Sainsbury Be Good to Yourself Medditerean Veg Pasta is free on green and Heinz Big Eat Chunky Veg & Tomato Hop pot is 1.5

Thanks for that squiddie, I do try to cook from scratch all the time, but it's handy to have a couple of things on standby for the days I can't manage or if I don't feel well.

A few of Asdas ready meals are under 5 Syns, ideal for emergencies

Thanks for that squiddie, I do try to cook from scratch all the time, but it's handy to have a couple of things on standby for the days I can't manage or if I don't feel well.

Yeah I know what you mean, I am the same. There are a few low syn ready meals about, but it's hard work knowing what is and what it's when you're in the supermarket! Hidden oils and fats, pain in the bum!

you would be better off getting supernoodles/savoury rice/mug shots for the days you want something easy. even marshalls macaroni cheese is free points

Marshalls Cheesey Macaroni, dried 100g dry[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
Original 18½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green Free
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
the next time you make a pan of something keep some aside for the freezer.

Asda Good for You, Vegetable Chilli, canned 400g can[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

red.gif
Original 14 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green Free
[/FONT]
[/FONT]Asda Vegetable Ratatouille, chilled 400g pack[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
Original 1½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 1½ Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
if you get savoury rice, get batchelors as i have just noticed asdas have a 1/2 syn for theirs
Batchelors Savoury Rice, Chicken, dried 215g packet[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

red.gif
Original 37 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green Free
[/FONT]
[/FONT]Asda Savoury Rice, Golden Vegetable, made up as directed, dried 100g cooked[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
Original 5½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green ½ Syn
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Back