Asda Meat Free Mince.

LOTS of seasoning, herbs, spices, tomatoes, or a stock cube reduced down...

Don't gimme that!

You can make the tastiest munch ever!
Or buy extra lean mince and jazz it up? No good if you're vege though!!
Stick an oxo cube in (usually melt it in an inch of boiling water and add, so your mince isn't watery), some herbs you like (basil's not my fave, bit boring). Some garlic (you can buy lazy garlic, less than 2 quid lasts ages), bit of pepper, whatever you have in the cupboards really :)

SMILE!! Don't get down over mince!
xxx

I find any of the meat-free mince needs to be in some sort of sauce and/or seasoning.

I cook it in passata with lots of herbs, an onion, and have with pasta with cheese on the top. Or have some canneloni tubes and fill the mince/passata mix in the tubes, spread some passata on the top with cheese and bake, or use the mince/passata mix in lasagne.

Ah, it could be the way I'm cooking it then, maybe too much water but i did put a couple of oxo cubes in and some onions and seasoning. I always used to buy quorn mince and had no probs with that when I made quorn shepherds pie. I think i'll stick to quorn or extra lean mince in future......lol......thanks for the replies everyone.

i get through bags of the stuff and my meat eating hubby also likes it! I add some marmite to give it a bit of a kick as well as other herbs and chunk it up with veggies. i also find that keeping it cooking for a couple of hours thickens it up and makes i scrummier!

Thanks everyone for the replies.
Maybe its just not for me as I thought it tasted a wee bit bitter. I like sticking to red days but thought that would be a bit of a change. I made real mince last night for tea and think i'll stick to that...lol....

Last edited:
Back