Asda Shoppers...

foxy_lox

Silver Member
Morning all,

I have been doing that 10% cheaper with asda were you just put in your till receipts and then it gives you a voucher. Just wondered if anyone else is doing this? In the last four shops I have saved £8 !!!!!
So its well worth doing you just input your receipts and it gives you a voucher to use next time your in the same store you just need your receipt and voucher.
I seem to spend a bomb with doing SW lol

how do you do it? online?

just search the price guarantee for asda in google and it will come but be warned it you don't have a printer than do it instore as you need to print off the voucher (our printer is busted so we couldnt print outr one out) x

So, how does it work? Do you get a voucher only if its expensive somewhere else or everytime? :confused:

Sorry for the dumb question but I shop at ASDA so want to make sure Im not missing out lol!! x

Hi, yes i have been doing this. saved around £30 since i started doing it in feb, and i dont evan do the main shop for the house.
As mentioned it is a pain printing off the vouchers (i print mine at work, no printer at home). Also they have an iphone app, but obviously you still cant use it if you dont have a printer, bit pointless imo.

So, how does it work? Do you get a voucher only if its expensive somewhere else or everytime? :confused:

Sorry for the dumb question but I shop at ASDA so want to make sure Im not missing out lol!! x

Asda website says...
If we're not 10% cheaper on your comparable grocery shopping we'll give you the difference.

so you will get a voucher for the difference.

What, so it's comparing it to other supermarkets, like a Tesco price match thing? Only when I go to the website I only see 'compare your Asda receipt' or 'compare your Asda online shop'. So I dont get it, by that logic its price matching itself :confused: I dont shop at Asda, I thought the point would be for Asda to prove it is cheaper than where I do normally shop? :confused: Sorry if Im being dumb!

ermintrude said:
What, so it's comparing it to other supermarkets, like a Tesco price match thing? Only when I go to the website I only see 'compare your Asda receipt' or 'compare your Asda online shop'. So I dont get it, by that logic its price matching itself :confused: I dont shop at Asda, I thought the point would be for Asda to prove it is cheaper than where I do normally shop? :confused: Sorry if Im being dumb!

My supermarket compares the supermarkets against each other.

The asda price promise compares your asda till receipt or online shop against what it WOULD have cost you in a competitors store.

If it was cheaper elsewhere, then you'll be given a voucher for money off your next shop at asda (online or instore).

I've done it a few times and had about £1 back in total, but it annoys me sometimes as so many things come up as N/A in the other supermarkets when I know damn well I could find them myself!

Ohhh I see, so *if* you go to Asda then it will check if you *could* have got it cheaper elsewhere. Ahh I think Ill give it a miss.

Yeah they always manage to wangle around stuff, like they dont compare the same tomatoes cos one shop is 225g the other 250g or something ridiculous. I did the mysupermarket thing the other day and it insisted they didnt sell diet cream soda at Tesco so it couldn't compare, when I KNOW full well they do. In the end I thought Sod it, logged out and went and bought straight from Tesco online instead. :confused:

Gosh!

I live in Asda and throw them away - 2-3 times a week:(

Wish they'd explained it instead of just shoving it in my hand.

I have shopped both in Asda and Tesco and Asda wins hands down in their price guarantee. Our Tesco bill was massive but we never got anything back even though we knew some of the products were cheaper elsewhere so we switched to Asda and they have given us vouchers back almost everytime. I think a while back people were taking advantage and making money out of the tesco price guarantee so they were losing more money than they thought and so they took more items off the list of what can be compared in the price guarantee!

I did the price g'tee a few month's ago & didn't get anything, which is good news as it meant my shopping was cheaper at Asda.

But today I found two receipts in my bag & whilst on lunch gained £3.05 in vouchers, happy days:D

When we have little savings like this we put the money in our 'holiday spending pot', every little helps, oh that's another supermarket:D

I shop in Asda and Tesco and always check my receipts on their price guarantee sites. Sometimes I only get a voucher for about a £1-£2 (better than nothing!!) but last week got a voucher from Asda for £13.65 on a shop that cost about £70 so its definitely worth the few minutes time to check your receipts!!
Asda gives you the results straight away (you can check your receipt after 24 hours) but Tesco email you back after a day or so.
In current economic times its worth a few minutes of your time as really its money for nothing once you have done your shop!

I've been checking my receipts from Asda for a good few months now, then did the same when Tesco started theirs. Tesco don't seem as confident with their price promise as they only compare against Asda - whereas Asda check theirs against Tesco, Sainsbugs & Morrisons.

I've so far not had a coupon from Tesco but had loads from Asda.

I also noticed the other day that my local Asda now have a computer & printer at the entrance of the store so that shoppers can check their receipts before leaving the store.

I shop at tesco and the reciept machine gave me a voucher for £6 of my next shop. Also i pop in Sainburys now and again for the odd thing, there self service machines give vouchers aswell I only spent £5ish and it gave me a voucher for £4 of when I spend £40. So the next time I went it I put what bit I had through in 3 lots and got £12 worth of vouchers. Best thing is tesco will take their vouchers, so when I went tesco i went through the self service and put all £16 worth through lol and I had only spent £34

Back