ashamed

jaxmummy

Silver Member
never thought id pour my heart out on a forum but here goes. I think i need help. Ive been overweight for the last 8 years, getting bigger and bigger as each year goes by but always being on a diet. SW has been my most successful but i lose a stone and then go off the rails. In the last month alone i have gone back to sw, ww and rosemary conley! i know i need to do something and i am so unhappy but nothing ever changes. A new low today tho is last night we had a movie night and my husband and child had a large bag of crisps each for the film. Both only ate half and put them in the bin. I have just taken them out of the bin and eaten them! what the hell is wrong with me - this has then led to 2 biscuits and a freddo. Im so ashamed!!!!!!!!!! if i know i need to do something and i am so unhappy why can i not do this :sigh:

Hey firstly i admire you for putting this post on as you sound quite down just now and even saying this on board may have lifted a wee bit off pressure from your shoulders.
Are you on SW plan? I will be a buddy for you if you like and try keep you motivated and if anytime you feel like eating something bad then you could message me via email, on here or via fb??

I think the trick to staying on track is planning.

Keep your chin up xx

You can do it if you want to do it. Your head has to be in the right place for any diet to succeed.

To start with - if anyone ever puts food in the bin like that, pour some washing up liquid over it, you won't take it out! In fact, don't buy large bags, buy smaller ones and then they won't throw them away (I have a thing about food waste!!)

You've done a brave thing coming on here and admitting it hun, so well done. Make a commitment to yourself to do this, write the reasons down why you want it, join a group and buy a 12 week countdown - give yourself a good start and once the weight starts coming off again don't stop.

Tell yourself this is forever. Not just until you get the weight off, but for always. A lifestyle change, not a diet.

thanks for your reply, i dont feel very brave i feel stupid but i thought i could could never admit it to my hubby but i need to admit it to someone! i prefer slimming world so this is what i need to do and try not to think of it as a diet

I've been there. There is no quick fix or amazing answer any one can give you. The strength to lose weight has to come from YOU. If I am feeling the urge to pick at food I tend to watch a weight loss programme, flick through my SW mag, or come on here -usually reminds me i'm doing this for the right reasons, and picking at food is never going to make me happy!!

The way I've been looking at it is this; Every meal of healthy food I am giving my body what it has been craving for so long. I am giving it fuel to be healthy, slim and amazing. and THAT is more important to me than the 5 minute happiness I get from a share size bar of chocolate.

I think having somewhere to vent your frustrations, worries, and general diet-ness is good. I have a diary (not on here) and sometimes it feels amazing to just get it all out. it can be quite therapeutic. Obviously you have come here because you wanted to get that out - so well done! Maybe you would really benefit from somewhere to write it all down. My blog is anonymous, I find it easier to be truthful if I can hide!!

You don't have to be overweight forever, at the moment its a choice. It doesn't feel like it, because you feel so out of control. But committing to slimming world will put YOU back in control of your body. I have never felt so at peace with myself, or more in control of the choices i'm making. & I've only been back on plan two weeks!

Good luck. I hope you find the strength to get some control. You can always inbox me if you ever want to talk; i've been exactly where you are!!

I've been there too. Im taking this one day at a time, some days haven't been 100% - But I am trying!

My heart goes out to you.

A few years ago I was a member of SW and WW in 2 different towns - I was literally all over the place. Then, 3 years ago I lost 2 stone with SW and then spent the folloowing year putting it all back on. It was like a self destruct button in my head and I could not stop myself from doing it.

I think a month off may be the answer - stop beating yourself up - you're only human and everybody on this forum has probably been there to some extent.

In your month off, just try and change one thing every day - even if it's just changing your milk from full fat to semi skimmed or stop putting butter on sandwiches. You are not going to lose all your weight overnight and it has to be when you are ready! When you're ready to try again set yourself mini targets - half a stone at a time and reward yourself for each one.

Oh, and also keep coming on here - there are loads of inspiring stories and tips etc and one day it WILL click for you x

I would suggest you first of take a very deep breath and stop being so hard on yourself.

Then - decide. Either take that month off thats been suggested- not a bad idea imo. Or commit. Not to sticking to SW until you have lost all the weight, and not even to stick to SW full stop. Commit to waking up each morning with a plan to follow plan. If you don't manage it, then start again the next day. If you even manage to eat 2 out of 3 meals on plan in a day you will see a difference.

Finally - don't let you husband throw 1/2 eaten bags of crisps in the bin!! Make him finish them or put them in the bin outside so they are completely out of sight.

Really feel for you reading your post you sound so down, other posters have given some great advice. I agree with the food diary I write down everything I eat, I made my own food diary pages up and carry them with me everywhere - believe you me this causes some arguements between me and the OH! but I post a diary on here and I find that actually really helps me if I eat it I have to write it down and broadcast it, it actually makes me stop and think about what I am putting in my mouth and whether i want it, need it or it's pure greed, usually the latter...

I always look at other people and think I want to be able to eat ONE packet of multi pack crisps rather than the whole ten packets in a multi pack! and just didn't know when to stop I can eat all day and have a huge appetite but something has just clicked I focus on what I want to lose weight for (currently my holiday) so give myself goals along with the food diary and plan, plan, plan! and best advice do not beat yourself up about it, the guilt (not sure if I'm the only person that feels sooo guilty if i eat something for days after) is just so self destructive and it's a vicious cycle.

Sit down and think why you want to lose the weight, set some targets and if you want to join SW look for a local group, get the support from the group - you will soon realise you aren't the only person that feels like you do and this will help you a lot, and also from this forum there are so many helpful tips, advice and recipes etc which will keep you focused. Hope you feel better soon.

(((((((((HUGS))))))))

I am just like you and at the heaviest i have ever been! I have around 5.5-7 stone to lose and i am a yo-yo dieter! I am ALWAYS on a diet and i EAT really healthily (well thats what everyone who knows me thinks!). IE i cook healthily and you look in my fridge and veg box and they are over run with good for you foods! BUT after watching c4's secret eaters over the last few weeks i have FINALLY admitted to myself that i am a secret eater, I snack, pick at the kids dinner and left overs and think i'm not! I too get to the 1st stone and then i fall off plan again! And i drink too much wine!

So i'm starting back on track at home and have started a food diary here...i'm happy to be a buddy to you too!

I also have a food diary in my handbag (as someone else said - it's a bone of contention with OH) but this time i am filling it in constantly!

Good Luck!! You are so brave to of written this and i admire you immensely! x x x

That would be me! Honestly the grief I get, he is a feeder and deep down self conscious of his own weight he can't stand me losing weight :mad: really peevs me off!!

SNAP!!!!! When i sit and meal plan he's horrendous, when i talk about losing weight he huffs a little! (could also be the age gap rather than the feeder aspect too, i'm sure he thinks i'll get thinner and leave him - seen as though i am 30 and he's nearing 50 ha ha!) But seriously he seems chuffed when i tell him how much i've lost but then appears with my downfalls (usually wine and a takeaway pizza or take out indian followed by a large bag of sweets!!)

thanks for your reply, i dont feel very brave i feel stupid but i thought i could could never admit it to my hubby but i need to admit it to someone! i prefer slimming world so this is what i need to do and try not to think of it as a diet

You are not alone in any way. As others have said, I am happy to buddy up with you and help you in any way I can xx

Morning, thank you all for your wonderful replies. Feel much more positive after reading them and im on plan. I think it would be too dangerous to have a month off as i fear id not only put loads on but also never start back. Thanks again everyone!

Back