Asking GP

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by Loser85, 13 August 2010 Social URL.

1. Loser85

Loser85 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    23st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(28.31%)
    Hi all,

i have an appt with my doctor on monday for an AD review. Was wondering how id broach the subject of xenical to her. I know my weight contributes tot he depression. I have also tried most diets out there. Be it points, calories or shakes! Also would i be able to take this in tandem with slimfast? I know some people have and was wondering if its safe. All info gratefully recieved.

Lisa xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. fraggle1805

fraggle1805 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    To be honest your success at being prescribed it very much depends on your doctor. My doctor gave it to me as soon as I said I felt my weight was getting out of control yet a friend who weighs more then me isn't being given it by her doctor despite asking for it by name. I would just go in with an open mind and say you need help with it and then I was prescribed it.

Good Luck

4. Blue Butterfly

Blue Butterfly Gold Member

Start Weight:
    24st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(22.45%)
    I was worried about asking my doctor for xenical but I had my speech prepared and I had researched xen and found out all I could about it just so the doc would know I was serious about wanting to try it.

I went in, started telling her how I would like help to lose weight and she just offered me xenical without me even having to ask for it!

Hopefully you have a nice doctor and they will prescribe you it. Some docs like people to lose a few lbs on their own 1st though, then give them the tabs.

Good luck on monday. x

5. Loser85

Loser85 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    23st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(28.31%)
    Thanks for the replies :)

Will just have to go in and basically show how serious i am about this. Hope its enough.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.