Asking GP

Loser85

Gold Member
Hi all,

i have an appt with my doctor on monday for an AD review. Was wondering how id broach the subject of xenical to her. I know my weight contributes tot he depression. I have also tried most diets out there. Be it points, calories or shakes! Also would i be able to take this in tandem with slimfast? I know some people have and was wondering if its safe. All info gratefully recieved.

Lisa xx

To be honest your success at being prescribed it very much depends on your doctor. My doctor gave it to me as soon as I said I felt my weight was getting out of control yet a friend who weighs more then me isn't being given it by her doctor despite asking for it by name. I would just go in with an open mind and say you need help with it and then I was prescribed it.

Good Luck

I was worried about asking my doctor for xenical but I had my speech prepared and I had researched xen and found out all I could about it just so the doc would know I was serious about wanting to try it.

I went in, started telling her how I would like help to lose weight and she just offered me xenical without me even having to ask for it!

Hopefully you have a nice doctor and they will prescribe you it. Some docs like people to lose a few lbs on their own 1st though, then give them the tabs.

Good luck on monday. x

Thanks for the replies :)

Will just have to go in and basically show how serious i am about this. Hope its enough.

Back