Aspartame

PurpleButterfly

16lb to go!
Can anyone tell me, do the packs on CD contain aspartame?

I may consider switching from LL if at least some of them do not.

Please please reply! I have emailed CD people but I know they usually take a while to get back. I really need to know this!!

Hiya

I just looked at my shake and porridge boxes and yes they contain aspartame. The choc tetra contains acesulfame K which you normally see alongside aspartame on diet fizzy drinks and stuff.

The peanut bar says it does not contain aspartame but you're restricted to one bar a day. I wouldn't have thought the soups contain sweeteners (apart from maybe spicy tomato which tastes seriously sweet?) - can't confirm anything else as that's all I have in the house to check!

Hope this helps x

Shoot.

Well, thank you so much for checking and replying!

If it's not going to make a difference in terms of which one I do as they both have aspartame, I may as well stick with LL. Looks like I'm going to have to drink a lot of veg soup! :(

Not dissing CD in the slightest but I notice our forum seems to have a lot more strugglers/restarters that the LL forum so maybe you're best off where you are anyway with all that head stuff that you LL guys get too ;-)

:) thanks, I think it's because it's a lot less flexible than CD, so there's no room or choice to go on SSplus or any of the other stages. If you don't have the choice, you don't think about deviating or doing anything else.
Part of the reason I think I'd be better sticking to LL.

Thanks again :D

Not dissing CD in the slightest but I notice our forum seems to have a lot more strugglers/restarters that the LL forum so maybe you're best off where you are anyway with all that head stuff that you LL guys get too ;-)

:eek: You can't say that :eek: :D

Seriously though, over the years, I haven't really seen much difference. Many LL people if things go wrong (cos we are all human), often decide to do CD the 2nd time around.

The cambridge forum is full of ex-LLers. Not dissing LL at all, just don't think quite agree that dieters struggle more on CD than they do LL.

Well...gotta disagree with you sometimes Serena :p:D

Aspartame is used in the sweet-flavoured CD sachets (0.06mg per serving), and is not suitable for those with phenylketonuria. All soups, bars and briks are aspartame-free.
20 Years' Service Award
Special Merit Award Winner 2005

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/54533-aspartame.html

All soups except the Spicy Tomato, which does contain aspartame and acesulfame K.....

:eek: You can't say that :eek: :D

Seriously though, over the years, I haven't really seen much difference. Many LL people if things go wrong (cos we are all human), often decide to do CD the 2nd time around.

The cambridge forum is full of ex-LLers. Not dissing LL at all, just don't think quite agree that dieters struggle more on CD than they do LL.

Well...gotta disagree with you sometimes Serena :p:D

Like a moth to the flame KD :D To be fair I did post elsewhere tonight that I thank my lucky stars every day that I found CD :) Especially tonight as I've just had my WI and it's taken my BMI to 25.something...I can almost pretend to be healthy! ;)

To be honest I see CD and LL as twins except that CD is a cheaper date!

xx

Like a moth to the flame KD :D

curtsey-1.gif

To be fair I did post elsewhere tonight that I thank my lucky stars every day that I found CD :) Especially tonight as I've just had my WI and it's taken my BMI to 25.something...I can almost pretend to be healthy! ;)

To be honest I see CD and LL as twins except that CD is a cheaper date!

xx

You are forgiven then :D Well done of the BMI! That's fabby doozy!:clap:

:rotflmao: Where do you find all your special smileys eh? I have smiley envy!

Seriously though, thanks for all the encouragement along the way, although I know that the hard work will really start when I get to maintaining...

The sabotage fairy is already trying to get to work in my head...her 1st and most powerful weapon against me is complacancy :( :mad:

The sabotage fairy is already trying to get to work in my head...her 1st and most powerful weapon against me is complacancy :( :mad:

Oh goodness yes. I call it the 'near goal sabotage fairy'. Good name eh. Took me ages to think up that one.

She's a menace though! I used to treat her like a child. Pretend it was one of my own asking for something they didn't need that would harm them. No arguments, just a very firm "NO" It helped too :D

Oh goodness yes. I call it the 'near goal sabotage fairy'. Good name eh. Took me ages to think up that one.

She's a menace though! I used to treat her like a child. Pretend it was one of my own asking for something they didn't need that would harm them. No arguments, just a very firm "NO" It helped too :D

Hmmmn I think I will need to use stronger language on her, something that ends in "off"!

sabotage fairy, LOL! I like it!

Back