At goal & now beyond... 5:2 officially rocks!

Hope your stepdad is ok, wow that cake looks amazing xx

Well scales are 1lb up which ideally I didn't want but today is planned pretty much. Feel rubbish today totm really not playing nice so although I had lots of plans for today it's likely I will not get much of it done. At least there isn't much housework to do. Always a bonus!

Reasonable fast today, made focaccia in my slow cooker so had to road test some of it so maybe slightly over. 13270 steps, 5.71 miles done, weigh in tomorrow.

Had a good day but am so bloated & scales are 3.25kb higher than this morning...

Had some more poorly parent news tonight. My dad thought he'd pulled a muscle in his chest but this morning coughed up a clot & he ended up at the hospital & he has pulmonary embolism, they did Ct scan & dye tests & he has another 7 clots. He's had a warfarin injection & is now on that or similar for life. I just hope the other clots disperse, I'll be honest I'm scared stiff & keep crying. Hubby had a night out planned & has gone anyway which surprised me knowing how good he normally is

Had a good day but am so bloated & scales are 3.25kb higher than this morning... Had some more poorly parent news tonight. My dad thought he'd pulled a muscle in his chest but this morning coughed up a clot & he ended up at the hospital & he has pulmonary embolism, they did Ct scan & dye tests & he has another 7 clots. He's had a warfarin injection & is now on that or similar for life. I just hope the other clots disperse, I'll be honest I'm scared stiff & keep crying. Hubby had a night out planned & has gone anyway which surprised me knowing how good he normally is

((((((( hugs ))))))))
Oh Lexie, I am so sorry to hear that, but your dad is in the right place, can you get anyone to come round? Does hubby realise how upset you are?
Don't stress about the scales, TOTM will be doing stupid things to your body. There is no way you could properly gain that weight in a day..
Thinking of you all xx

They've sent my dad home Lisa! Probably knowing our stupid hospital they just don't have beds we're at black alert I think they call it. I'm in bed now catching up on hollyoaks so I'll be ok. Just shocked by hubby to be honest. Maybe he just thought I'd want an early night as I'd said how tired I was.

Out for breakfast tomorrow at Frankie & Bennys with my bestie & family as it's her sons birthday this weekend. Really don't wanna go to be honest but I will as wouldn't let them down...

They've sent my dad home Lisa! Probably knowing our stupid hospital they just don't have beds we're at black alert I think they call it. I'm in bed now catching up on hollyoaks so I'll be ok. Just shocked by hubby to be honest. Maybe he just thought I'd want an early night as I'd said how tired I was. Out for breakfast tomorrow at Frankie & Bennys with my bestie & family as it's her sons birthday this weekend. Really don't wanna go to be honest but I will as wouldn't let them down...

Oh god no wonder you are worried in that case, men just don't sometimes think the way is women do, tomorrow morning might be something nice Hun, quite often the things you don't wanna go to end up the best onesxx

Sorry to hear about your dad Lexie. My uncle had similar and was sent home same day. He was told lying in bed wasn't recommended in his case and being mobile would be better for him. Had injections given by district nurse for a week ish and the clots were reabsorbed by his body. On tablets to prevent it again and regular blood tests but otherwise fine. It's hard not to worry though x

Thinking of you Lexie, hope your Dad is ok, and you too. Men can be amazingly thoughtless at times without knowing they're even doing it. My Mum (and actually my Dad too when he was alive) is on warfarin, has been for many years and while yes, it's a pain in the ass, it is manageable and as long as the GP keeps a close eye on blood levels (my Mum has hers checked every 6-8 weeks, more often if indicated) then everything should be fine.

Sending you virtual hugs and hope that your stepdads problems sort themselves out with help from the doctors.

Thanks everyone! Ali hearing that made me feel a lot better, I guess that's what they're trying to do & they were really thorough with the tests they did. He's been told the same about staying active. They have a holiday booked in May but I'm guessing he won't be allowed to fly....

Anyway scales down slightly this morning 11:2:5 but today is the real test of willpower with f&b breakfast..... Let's see how I do shall we!!!!

He should be fine to fly I would reckon. My uncle went on holiday the same year he had it...had to wear those attractive compression tights mind! And he stretched his legs during the flight plenty. Once they get the level of medication right I think things are relatively normal. I know the only problem they had was getting holiday insurance.x

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad, Lexie - I hope he's ok. I'm sure they'll be able to sort it out with blood thinners. I took Warfarin myself for a while when I had heart failure, and they just have to get the dosage right and monitor you, as someone else said. Take care. :) xx

Thanks ladies you are all so kind! He's ok, been to see him & apart from discomfort from the actual clots & feeling breathless he's good. They said the reason he's ok is as his health apart from that is brilliant & the clots have actually got in to his lungs not blocked them as all his "pipes" are so good, he & my Stepmum are just in a bit of disbelief but he's had really good advice & care so far. I gave him an extra big hug & some liquorice Allsorts lol x

Oh & breakfast was good, I went for poached eggs on toast which was 3 eggs, 2 nice slices of wholemeal bread (butter on the side so left off) a large flat mushroom & half a grilled tomato, was lovely & not that naughty. Tea is KFC style chicken & wedges mmmmm

Thanks ladies you are all so kind! He's ok, been to see him & apart from discomfort from the actual clots & feeling breathless he's good. They said the reason he's ok is as his health apart from that is brilliant & the clots have actually got in to his lungs not blocked them as all his "pipes" are so good, he & my Stepmum are just in a bit of disbelief but he's had really good advice & care so far. I gave him an extra big hug & some liquorice Allsorts lol x Oh & breakfast was good, I went for poached eggs on toast which was 3 eggs, 2 nice slices of wholemeal bread (butter on the side so left off) a large flat mushroom & half a grilled tomato, was lovely & not that naughty. Tea is KFC style chicken & wedges mmmmm

That good to hear hun, and I am glad that you managed a controlled breakfast this morning xx

Tea was good although didn't taste that much like KFC but good all the same. I am quite proud to say still no crisps, 8 days now. Don't miss them as much as I thought I would. Friday was my hardest day, at home alone knowing noone but me would know if I did have some... I don't intend it to be forever but there are too many voices in my head that say "you may as well have another bag now you've had one" & I need to find healthier use of my calories

Tea was good although didn't taste that much like KFC but good all the same. I am quite proud to say still no crisps, 8 days now. Don't miss them as much as I thought I would. Friday was my hardest day, at home alone knowing noone but me would know if I did have some... I don't intend it to be forever but there are too many voices in my head that say "you may as well have another bag now you've had one" & I need to find healthier use of my calories

Fair play... Not easy to do. Well done

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Back