At long last

bettylollypop

soon to be skinny minnie
I have finally managed to get on track with sw plan, some of you will know i have had a terrible time trying to stick with it and couldn't control my chocolate binges. Well i eased myself in gently, i started off last week just making small changes, a little bit of fruit here and there, no alcohol :eek:, a little more veg on my plate. I still had more syns than i should have maybe 20, 25 and gradually lowered them to 10. I am now 2lbs lighter :D. I think i just couldn't stop with the chocolate but i gradually weaned myself down and it has worked. I feel really well now and so much more healthy (i know it is only 2lbs) but even that has made a difference.

I was at the drs yesterday and while i was there i was kinda explaining all the above to my gp, she is going to refer me to the weight managment clinic, she thinks i need to speak to the food psychologist and the dietitian etc to look at why i'm binging on chocolate all the time. I know why, it is habbit and i'm greedy, i can't have one bar i have to have about 10 lol:8855: She said they might offer me medication but there is no way on this earth i am taking orlistat (that is the only one my gp prescribes)

Hope everyone is ok and hope you all have a good day x

Well done Betty, i bet you feel better about yourself for doing it, we always feel rubbish about ourselves when we know we are eating things we shouldn't. I hate that feeling of guilt and how let done with myself i am when iv'e done it but the feeling of acheivement is so much nicer. Well done again hun. xxx

Good for you!! It's great how even a little loss starts making you feel better about yourself.

I think the food psychologist would be good - I reckon you might get some good techniques for avoiding your cravings and not having 20 bars ;) And if you do, please share the tips! LOL!

Good on you and i bet you do feel a whole lot better for it. It seems to me that your doing it the right way. Your right though, it is habit but boy its hard to get out of!! I have the same problem with wine..............:8855:

Well done Betty for getting on track remain positive and make good food choices, keep posting,and when you want chocolate come on here and chat.

Hey well done you!!! I'm really proud of you because I've read your posts where you've been struggling.

Oh and it's not only 2lbs it is.... 2LBS and wtg for losing it. Keep up the good work.

I ended up getting referred to the dietician and it was actually talking to him that set my mind thinking and then deciding to join SW in October. He was really nice and listened and advised, not preached. I'm also a chocolate binger. I used to buy a packet of chocolate penguins and eat them all before anyone could see I'd bought them. I find now, that it's easier for me to not eat chocolate, because once I get a taste for it, I can't stop. So well done on weaning yourself off it. Chocolate has a lot in it that gives the 'feel good' factor and it is like a drug, so it does sometimes need weaning off. I will allow myself a treat of chocolate occasionally, such as a curly wurly (6 syns) but I put it in the fridge so that it lasts longer when I eat it. But I daren't buy a 5 pk of them cos I'd scoff the lot!

Great news that you've got on track.. long may it continue :D

Thanks everyone, hopefully that is me on my way to target. I couldn't do it without all the support from you guys x

i know how you feel. when i started s/w i had chocolates left from xmas and snacks and they all had to go in the bin, i have no control! lol
i found to satisfy my craving dairy milk do this skinny bar thats about 15p?! i ate that last night but actually ate it slow and thought how lovely it tasted while i was eating it, instead of mindlessly scoffing like i can do!! i think it was about 5.5 syns but sooo worth it!!

Pampie that is normally what i would do scoff down loads of chocolate without even taking time to taste it, then i would have eaten that much that i would feel sick all night

Hey well done you!!! I'm really proud of you because I've read your posts where you've been struggling.

Oh and it's not only 2lbs it is.... 2LBS and wtg for losing it. Keep up the good work.

I ended up getting referred to the dietician and it was actually talking to him that set my mind thinking and then deciding to join SW in October. He was really nice and listened and advised, not preached. I'm also a chocolate binger. I used to buy a packet of chocolate penguins and eat them all before anyone could see I'd bought them. I find now, that it's easier for me to not eat chocolate, because once I get a taste for it, I can't stop. So well done on weaning yourself off it. Chocolate has a lot in it that gives the 'feel good' factor and it is like a drug, so it does sometimes need weaning off. I will allow myself a treat of chocolate occasionally, such as a curly wurly (6 syns) but I put it in the fridge so that it lasts longer when I eat it. But I daren't buy a 5 pk of them cos I'd scoff the lot!

Great news that you've got on track.. long may it continue :D

Thanks hun, what a nice response and thanks everyone, it really does help speaking with people in a similar situation xxx

My mum got put on tablets for her weight because she was giving up smoking and putting on weight, but they made her depressed, and then it got released that depression is a side effect, so be carefull, as getting depressed could take you off the slimming wagon all together!!

Yeah i had post natal depression and that sent my weight right up x

I am going to give the green and blacks dark chocolate a go, my brother swears by it x

Back