atkins after TFR?

tatedmono

hi guys, im doing lipotrim at the moment. lost 1st2lbs in 2weeks and im delighted with myself. found out i was seriousaly addicted to carbs so decided that after lipo, i will go on atkins to minimise my carbs.
but on week 3 here of lipotrim and im just missing having diner with the family soooo much that im thinking of going on atkins induction phase.
does anyone done that? will i gain weight between the transition? i m in ketosis now so wont have the first few days of "hell" on induction. but just scared i will lose none or even gain...:sigh:
anyone has any thoughts on that?:confused:

i'm pretty sure quite a few people have done this, although i haven't myself. from what i remember people may have a small gain or stay the same for a week but then losses will continue. there's no way that they can't really if you stay in ketosis. and since you'll already be drinking the fluid and won't have the carb hangover i think you're laughing. just try not to pay too much attention to the scales for the first week. you'll have a whoosh afterwards. and that one week will be worth it for the time you'll spend with your family again :)

abz xx

Hi and welcome.
As ABZ said you may have an adjustment week but then, provided you only have 20g of carb or less a day then you should start losing again. There are several people here that have made the switch and they are doing well I think.
The folks here are exceptionally friendly and supportive and we'll look forward to having you with us. :D

I did lipotrim for nearly 4 weeks then had a weekend binge drinking (put on 2 pounds) then went in Atkins and lost 7lbs in my first week!

Ive got on really well on the Atkins, nothing is harder than lipotrim!

I did lipotrim for nearly 4 weeks then had a weekend binge drinking (put on 2 pounds) then went in Atkins and lost 7lbs in my first week!

Ive got on really well on the Atkins, nothing is harder than lipotrim!

Having done Lipotrim, Cambridge, Tony Ferguson and Celebrity Slim, my opinion is that Atkins is a breeze!

Yes, like others have said -ignore the first week as your body adjusts to food again but after that you'll see results. Perhaps not as dramatic as Lipotrim but good enough and as you say, you get to eat with the family. My OH is doing Lipotrim and he's having the same issues.

Good luck with whichever way you decide to go.

As reprted, many have done it here and with great success

thanks guys. u put my mind at rest!! i think i will try to do 2 more weeks on LT then switch to atkins.
will start looking into ur recipes thread! yummy!
see u when i switch!!

Hi , I was on Lipotrim and started Atkins a couple of weeks ago , I lost 6lb the first week !!

Back