Atkins Attempt!

Nikki<3

Gold Member
Hey everyone.

Well i've been doing slimming forever and I always manage to get about 5lb away from target and cant get any closer!

So as I mainly do red days I thought it would be a good idea to try atkins.

I'm off on holiday on Friday but thought I could at least read up and attempt to begin to bring it into my daily eating now and throughout my holiday (possibly!)

I'm a little confused and so I suppose todays food is kind of a slimming world red day but without things like my tomato ketchup etc :(

I would be be grateful if someone could tell me if i'm at least going in the right direction.

So todays food....

BRUNCH
2 egg omelette with a big mushroom, bacon, onion and a tsp of butter.

DINNER
Chicken wrapped in bacon with blue cheese stuffed mushrooms on a bed of lettuce.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Nikki and welcome (again :))

Food sounds good, just watch the onion, they are high in carbs, maybe try spring onions next time.

Susie

Ooo good to know about the onions, I luurrrvee them, so would have been eating loads otherwise!

Welcome Nikki. Your menu looks good. There is a low carb ketchup you can buy online. Maybe look at Esellek's menus she's doing an Atkins/SW red plan.

Good luck

Ooo fab i'd seen people mention LCM and wondered what it was! Thanks!

Morning Nikki and welcome. I give a list of allowable veggies on my "So you're thinking of starting Atkins" stikkie. Good luck!

Hi nikki and welcome. This is a great place to be:)

I would recommend you print out jims sticky of what to eat on induction and take it on hols - lots of choices to do as well as you can and wont be such a shock when you get back. Enjoy:)

Thanks everyone for the support :) trying to incorporate it in as much as possible and great idea about printing it off and taking it with me!

Had such a yummy dinner tonight! Stuffed a big mushroom with bacon and blue cheese an then topped with cheddar and on a bed of lettuce.... Scrummy!!

Morning Nikki, that sounds yum :)

Just been down the gym and in 1 month I've lost 3% body fat!! But no weight.... Not such a problem because the fat is being replaced by muscle.

Yummy cheese stuffed omelette for brekkie now.

Morning. Wow you must have been up early to have already been to the gym! Am impressed! I on the other hand am lying on the couch in my fluffy dressing gown, minimining and trying to motivate myself to get ready for work...

Love the sound of your menus. Must put blue cheese on my shopping list.

Was up at 6 this morning! Feel better for it though, especially knowing I have jollys on Friday.

Oh to be laying on the sofa in my dressing gown now :-( unfortunately off to work I go.... Last day though yay!

Blue cheese is just yummy on everything! Mmmm....

Can't wait to get back and have a proper bash at Atkins!

Ah well you can lay on the sofa for the rest of the week instead!

Have a good day at work. : )

(Where's my ticker gone? Hmmmm)

Morning Nikki. Love your ambition. 3% body fat is a great loss, even if it's not showing on the scales, well done.

Last day of work for you- yippee.

coffeelover said:
Morning Nikki. Love your ambition. 3% body fat is a great loss, even if it's not showing on the scales, well done.

Last day of work for you- yippee.

Thanks hun :) I can't believe how much more friendly you guys are over here compared to other parts of the forum :)

Oooo really excited off on holiday tomorrow but I've been and go my atkins book today and also a little book of carbs both to read on my loooonnng journey to Southampton tomorrow!

Having a carb fest of pizza tonight as sort of a last super!

Won't start the first phase properly until I'm back off my jollys but I'll try and take some rules on board!! (no pun intended since I'm going on a cruise lol)

xx

All around the canaries for 11 nights can't wait. Best holiday is a cruise!

Xx

Back