Atkins bars

babs11

Hi, are Atkins bars ok instead of s and s bars? I'm restarting and have loads of meals but only a few s and s bars so I have Atkins instead once a day?
thanks

Have you checked whether the nutritional content is roughly the same? I think you can find the info on the S&S bars on their website.

i don't think I would risk it if they aren't.

IIRC Atkins bars are around double the calories of S&S bars (180-250kcal) and are high in sugar alcohols such as Molitol and high in carbs (around 19g) so they would be best avoided on S&S. They taste a bit like Dark Choc Truffa but are 2.5 times the size.

Atkins do a variety of bars! The advantage bars are huge & way more carbs/cals etc however I find the daybreak ones and the endulge ones are not quite as bad! They are not ideal however I don't like the S&S bars so if I feel like I need a bar I choose to have one of those rather than go off plan completely!! So far it has not not done me too much damage with my losses but it is not an everyday thing & a choice I make rather than it necessarily being the right thing to do!!! Hope this helps!!! X

Thanks for the replies, have compared the Atkins daybreak bar against the milk choc Truffa and Atkins is lower on cals and carbs! Would stick with s and s bars but I'm not paying £20plus p and p for 14 bars!!
babs

The Atkins Daybreak and Indulge bars are not TFR - ie they don't contain the vitamins and minerals you need. The Advantage ones do but they are higher calories/carbs. As an occasional thing it shouldn't be a problem but if ou choose to do this every day then you need to make sure that you are getting the vitamins/minerals you need through other routes.

Atkins bar was disgusting btw! And not cheap at £5.99 for 5, especially as I won't eat another one! Lesson learnt. I just begrudge paying so much much for a bar order and now I want to wait for the bigger bars.
Thanks
babs

Back