Atkins for a week with no loss - any tips

barbapapa

Hello - I'm a newbie and really excited to be on here and have found reading so interesting. I have been on Atkins for a week and 1 day and havn't lost any weight, my ketosis is pink and I feel great but the weight hasn't started to shift. Did anyone else experience this.

I have been really good and my only cheat was 2 pints of beer on Sunday!

Hi barb, i really think that beer was not good for the diet. I would hate you thought i was a know it all, but Im not.
Look, we are on this together and have a long way to go so why dont we support each other and gee each other up?
dont become depondent, you might have lost inches xx

Stick with it Bar, if you are in ketosis, once the beer has burnt off you will lose! A number of other factors could influence the number on your scales too, the body is a very fickle thing! Plow on, don't cheat, and weigh yourself the same time and place next week, bet you get a whoooooooshie :)

I'd like you to post what you are eating, and yes Beer is choc full of carbs.

Thanks for the support guys, I feel really excited about being on here it's definately motivating me. It's 'NO' to beer from now on [it was a big bbq at ours - I was a saint on the food but booze is a weakness!]

Food wise - I'm having cheesy omlette for breakfast, chicken or tuna salad for lunch and generally for dinner steak/chicken/chop etc with greens, snack wise I tend to go for swiss cheese or cold 0carb sausages, drinking 3litres of water, and decaftea!
Feeling really motivated.
If I did have a moment of weakness and snuck in a few vodka's and 0carb tonics on Friday night would it be that bad????

Will change my weekly weigh in till Friday x

Ah well, now this is bad advice but I'll be honest here and confess I drank a bottle (or 2) :eek: of red wine on a Friday night all the way through induction. I did count the carbs towards my daily total of 20 though.

Have you read the stickies at the top of this forum, they are helpful love.

On the booze front I don't drink much any way, but my DH has drunk brandy and vodka on the weekends throughout his 4 months and has lost 2 stone.
My friends DH also drank a glass of wine with his dinner every night and lost 1.5 stone in a month.
I would say take it easy, but to some extent you do need to do the diet your own way, it has to be fruit for me.
Just try and make sure you stay in your carbs limit for the day.
If you can try and stick to spirits and wine, they way are better than beer.

Back