Atkins induction day 1

I will start by saying im doing induction for two weeks to enable me to lose some weight for a weekend thats coming up- im unsure if this will be a long term diet.
Anyway first day on induction for breakfast ive had- 3 slices mortadella, one slice salami, boiled egg, chunk of cheddar, chunk of feta accompanied by a blob of mayonaise.
Is this an acceptable breakfast on induction?

:( 17 views and not ONE reply?
Please help me out here guys!!!

Hi there...welcome to the diary section! :D

You've certainly ticked the fat and protein boxes with that breakfast :) Just be aware that there are limits on things like cheese - 4oz per day from memory - and that too much reliance on processed meat is not a good thing, so I probably wouldn't have this every day (do check them for carbs as well - sometimes they have more than you're expecting!). Oh, and of course the mayo must be full-fat! :D

But there's nothing there you can't have to my knowledge, so I'd say you're fine. If you can add some foundation vegetables (leafy greens, mushrooms etc.) to your breakfast, then it would be even better.

Hope that helps!

Yup looks fine with the caveats scrumbles mentioned. Do get some veg in during the day - it can be tricky at breakfast, I know.

Welcome to atkins, ML has bumped posts in the other section which have great info for when you are starting atkins, could be worth a browse....good luck.

Back