Atkins meal replacement shakes

KatherineK

Hi, I am a T2 diabetic and have been reading about the health benefits from the Newcastle diet. Apparently, if you use the MRS + have 200 calories of veg for 8 weeks the results are quite amazing. You have to get the correct Newcastle diet shakes from your GP and as many won't touch this kind of approach with a barge pole I have been looking elsewhere.

I lead a manic life, and often have an Atkins shake for lunch, and I quite like them and they do keep me going until dinner, which sometimes is not until 8-9pm.

I am wondering if anyone has had experience of doing a complete diet of Atkins shakes, if you did how did you find it? Also, any other diabetics who have tried this approach?

Google Newcastle diet and there is loads of information out there.

Thanks, Katherine

Last edited:
The problem with only using Atkins shakes us that they are not designed as Meal Replacement shakes, you won't be getting your vitamins, minerals or required nutrients from them, plus you won't be getting nearly enough carbs.... to be that low in calories your carbs need to be around the 70g mark to be healthy in ketosis.

I was T2 diabetic on metformin & statins & within a month or two of being on Atkins had come off all medication, I have lost over 10 stone in weight, maintained for over a year & kept my hba1c at 5 using diet only.

I believe vlcd & Atkins can both have the same results you are looking for, but I would recommend following one or the other rather than Atkins shakes only.

Good luck with what you do.x

Back