Atkins or Clean Eating ?!

MissPreston

I have had success on the atkins diet but gained the weight back at christmas however it has been the only diet that has ever motivated me to stick at it because of the fast results.

Clean eating is a complete lifestyle change and although the results are much slower I'm wondering whether its a better way to go in terms of something permanent.

I would love to hear from anyone who has had experience with both?

xxxxxxxxxx

I did clean eating (I am I huge fan of oxygen magazine... Lots of info on weights n clean eating there) in January 2012 and my body was best it's been. I did it along with lifting weights and it shaped me loads more, takes a lot of planning and I actually found it harder to eat all my calories! Did it until beginning of FEB (lost a stone and gained a bit of lean muscle) but then had a car accident and went off rails. Back on the clean eating as of yesterday as I had the same conversation with myself... Cal counting processed food vs clean, I went clean. I must admit I do still have whole wheat bread for energy but my tea last night was lush... Chicken and peppers baked in spices with onions and peppers and clean butternut squash fries ( cut up and drizzles in olive oil in oven for 30 min... Best food ever lol) currently have a clean beef casserole in my slow cooker!

If you want a clean buddy, it's a lifestyle I want to adapt to in long run. Plus there is a cheat meal every week to keep the body burning high! Going to be trying out loads of recipes, since I've recently added meat back into my diet after 9 years of a carb fest! Xx

thanks for your reply diamondoll :eek: really encouraging I'm enjoying clean eating even just after a few days and i've lost some weight :) gunna stick with it as a long term lifestyle change i had planned to have a cheat meal today as a treat but I don't even feel like eating anything unhealthy today which is a first! :) yeah that was my problem eating too many carbs because i only really like chicken and quorn but i use the healthy eating plate now so i get the right balance of carbs, protein and veg. How are you getting on with it so far? :)can you buy oxygen magazine in the uk xxxxxxxxxxx

Yes you can, I either get I from WHSmiths or there is an oxygen app to download them, they also ship directly too you in post but I've heard it's quite slow. It's been a few days for me but already lost the bloated feeling which is great. Weigh in on Thursday for me. Just planned out my routine too. You knows it's good when you din fancy your cheat meal lol mines not til Thursday... Going to have a steak lol!!! xxxxx

what fitness routine are you doing? I'm gunna start running again, i downloaded ''insanity beach body workout but i don't think i could hack it haha i tore a ligament in my foot a few weeks ago but i think its pretty much healed now. let me know how you get on on thursday :) if i have a treat this weekend its going to be a small piece of birthday cake that i made for my boyfriend last night lol complete test of will power! xxxxxxxxxxxx

I have insanity too! Gonna start it march 15th (when spare room is cleared!) yeah foot may give you grief when dping insanity or running with ligament damage. At moment im lifting weights on a 2 day full body split (2 days on 1 day off) and gonna try and add a little cardio (cross trainer or uphill walking). I must admit i was very bad on sunday but had a tum bug yesterday so ate nothing. Was back on it full force today though so no cheat meal for me this week! Glad your doing good you will enjoy that piece of cake!xxxxxx

Back