Atkins Shake Alternative??

triage999

Gold Member
As just wondering if anyone knows of an alternative to buying the Atkins shakes??

I think £12 is ridiculous for 10 servings tbh!!

I have a massive tub of vanilla protein shake and was wondering if I could substitute with this??

It needs to taste nice too!

Just getting a bit fed up of cooking every morning.....

I am however making a Salmon and Dill crust less quiche today which will do for some brekkies :0) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have holland and barratt whey protein cookies and cream protein powder. It is absolutely DELISH with water, and also with milk. Tastes like an oreo milkshake! :)

I also have the vanilla, but i dont really like it. Tastes a bit odd.

Does this fit in with Atkins? How many carbs etc per serving?

Fanks :0) x

This is the one I currently have, looks good to me as only 2.2 carbs per serving....

Any feedback?? And would this be ok?

Attachments

• image-2803397183.jpg
    image-2803397183.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 292
  • image-2677168433.jpg
    image-2677168433.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 257
Ah ha, that looks good...how do you establish if it has soya or not? Mine hasn't got soya written on It at all!

Bit dubious with the cookies n cream flavour, is it sickly?

Noticed your carbs are based on a 23g scoop to, where mine is a 30g x

Also does it have much of an impact on weight loss do you think?

I'm thinking of potentially having it for Breakfast and Lunch?

Jx

Sorry - have to put my two pennys worth in - shakes do nothing for me as usually hungry again an hour or so later. Just a waste of opportunity to eat real yummy food;). About the only place i can see useful is stuck on airplane (airports and planes are the most atkins unfriendly places in the world in my view:eek: !)

The cookies and cream shake I think is delicious. Feels really thick with the water. I dont think its sickly, but then, it depends if you really like sweet stuff or not. And its 100% whey - it would say on the ingredients if it had soya in it.

And I always feel really stuffed after a shake. Sometimes find it hard to force myself into having lunch if I've had a shake for breakfast.

Ah cool, mine doesn't say Soya anywhere on the ingredient list so I think I'll be ok....

Got loads left from my gym, so will get through that then look into the H&B one!!

And I agree with feeling full rather than hungry due to it being protein based rather than the ***** that's in Slim fast, Exante etc which is mainly carbs hence the hunger pangs shortly after as it's very quickly used up!

Jx

I get the Atkins shakes (vanilla powder and caffe latte) via Amazon ... I have a repeat order so I save money that way and can cancel at any time ... I think it saves about £1 something per tin that way ... I must try Claire's cookies and cream as it would be a cheaper option if I liked it... I bought a tin of something from H&B and it wasn't pleasant at all! I think it needed to be mixed with milk...

I love the Atkins flavours - I think I could live off them but would probably end up having far too many! Lol

Back