Atkins: The Diet I Never Thought I'd Try

To be honest Im not sure how it would work coz obviously you would be eating low fat options on your low calorie days and low carbing really needs fat to be effective in my opinion.

That said there would be no harm in trying it for a week or two.

I'm definitely back in ketosis again, FINALLY. Getting here has been such a challenge, I suppose because my willpower hasn't been very strong. The appetite suppression has kicked in and everything...this time I am determined not to screw it up! I want to drop 20lbs by the end of December, which should be completely doable if I can just stay on track.

I'm definitely back in ketosis again, FINALLY. Getting here has been such a challenge, I suppose because my willpower hasn't been very strong. The appetite suppression has kicked in and everything...this time I am determined not to screw it up! I want to drop 20lbs by the end of December, which should be completely doable if I can just stay on track.

Hi there Canadian - I have been doing induction for a week and using my fitnessbpal to track. I have noticed at circa 15-29g carbs + 60 - 80g protein + 30 - 40g fat I have been staying unintentionally staying below 1200 calories. So effectively low calorie-ing and with good ratios.

I hope this helps good luck x

Thanks, Busybusy! Wow, you posted that in October...I really haven't been here in a while!

My weight has crept up a few pounds thanks to Christmas. Well more accurately, thanks to poor willpower. So it's time to give this 110%! Even if it means having to measure (yuck) and track (double yuck). I am also back at my running...long overdue! I hope everyone is well and had a nice holiday.

Welcome back to Atkins, Canadian. :) You can do this!

I too am struggling with the whole willpower thing, but TODAY is me starting back on it properly after straying a little bit over christmas.

Thanks Siobhan! How are you doing? I need to get in the habit of checking back here more often!

I'm still at it and expect I'm FINALLY back in onederland...I haven't weighed in a few days so will need to verify that! I started out tracking my food and exercise carefully but got bored with it. I think the best I can hope for at this stage is to alternate between tracking and not tracking - it definitely helps me get refocused, so even if I can do that a couple times a month I think it would be a good thing. Anyway, I feel I've been doing fairly well lately, and the scale has been moving in the right direction. I go for routine bloodwork in a few weeks so am nervous about that and whether I've been low carbing "properly" as I don't always remember to take my supplements. Guess I will find out!

Hi Canadian, how u getting on? X

Back