Atkins with Xenical anyone?

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by strachan51, 20 October 2011 Social URL.

1. strachan51

strachan51 Full Member

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(20%)
    Diet:
    CC
    HI I am new to this board. Have been lurking for a while but wanted some insight from you lovely informed folks.
    I am taking xenical at the moment and have been for a few months.
    Was excercising regularly, eating right etc and the weight was just not going. I stalled for a couple weeks to.
    So I decided last week to try atkins. But from what I understand atkins works by using the fat you take in to burn the fat you have. But xenical gets rid of 1/3 of the fat you take in. So I am kinda stumped. As I am doing better without all the other carbs but am concerened about upping the fat while taking xenical.
    Has anyone else on here done atkins and taken xenical at the same time? I am looking for advice and to be headed in the right direction and all suggestions welcome.
    Thanks
    :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mis-behave

Mis-behave Gold Member

Start Weight:
    99.8kg
    Current Weight:
    44.1kg
    Goal Weight:
    69.9kg
    Lost(%):
    55.7kg(55.82%)
    Diet:
    Primal eating
    I agree don't think the Atkins diet will work, to high in fat!

I just count cals.. And when I stick to my cal level (1500) the weight defiantly comes off! Low fat, healthy choices, plus exercise, the weight will come off!

I use myfitnesspal on my phone to log my food entry's, recipes etc.. Also it's free :)

4. butter_on_toast

butter_on_toast Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.14%)
    Diet:
    Xenical ~ low fat,
    Atkins and Xen sounds a guarenteed way to get a visit from the tango man!! not a good idea. x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.