Attempting the diary thing again (not strictly dukan)

jaqys

Gold Member
Think Ive been squatting long enough and should try my own thread again. Though could well run for the hills yet.

I'm following a more general low carb plan than Dukan, but community wise fit better here than on the Atkins on almost empty Low carb board.

The plan was to get back on dukan after my hols, but due to my hols and christmas being in the same months pay I figured I would do cheaper general low carb until weekend after payday.

Well currently things seem to be going okay with general low carb and I'm losing and so I'll stay this way until I need a change. At some point the dairy and oatbran of Dukan will seem like a better idea and I'll make the switch.

I'm not weighing in regularly as I dont deal well with the small fluctuations. Thinking of just weighing on weekends.

Current goals
Get into middle pair of current size jeans comfortable - right now they 'just' do up and are too tight in the thigh, the not doing up easily is not good when needing to pee all the darn time.
Get into smallest jeans in current size, am hoping to be there in about 6 weeks.

Exercise
Get in the gym 3x a week, both weekend days and 1 evening. Am joining on weds.
Have changed my route to work so I have a longer walk to and from the bus first thing and a longer walk from the bus on way home.

Lovely to meet you Jaqys... great article re British food. I'm not sure where I stand on the subject, being so joyful at falling head first into the most unhealthy foods we offer the world at the slightest opportunity! far be it from me to cast aspersions!

I like your goals :)

Aww thanks for the welcome ;)

I'm in middle jeans today, much looser than last week. Will try tight round the middle cords tomorrow.

Plodding onwards, sf jelly definitely triggers the sweet tooth so its off the menu again for a while.
Got wet this morning, the bus took an extra half hour :( grrrrr but I'll take rain over snow.

Oh REALLY (re sugar free jelly). I find it a life saver and I can't honestly say it's caused me any angst but ketosis is a wonderful thing in my world ;) Believe it or not but someone gave me four chocolates yesterday and I simply slipped them in my office drawer with the others already in there!! Not bothered at all, but it's good that you've recognised the signs!

Rain is so annoying... I raced back from lunch in the rain (no brolley!). Hair nice and fluffy now ;)

What's for tea? I'm having a PP old favourite (yeah yeah after a PV lunch, but I did the reverse yesterday so it comes out in the wash) - 2 x 100g 5% burgers with a dry fried egg on the top :)

Eggs and low salt bacon for me.

Want to do burgers next week when Ive more room in the fridge hopefully. With no tupperware of sf jelly it'll be better.....

Ketosis is being wonderful, uneaten hulahoops have remained in my room untouched along with the last of the xmas choc. Need to palm both off on someone soon.

But I did reach for the sugar free redvines that I brought back from hols (and sis brought me back from hers) and knew I was in danger of no stop mode.

Well the tight round the middle cords are still tight, a long top makes them presentable though.

Joined the gym, will try and go tonight. Walked by last night to see how busy they would be if I went straight from work and it was busy but not packed to capacity so decided to go ahead.

Sweet tooth is back in control. The rhubarb talk has had me thinking about rhubarb muffins and o already thinking I might be Dukaning next week.

As I'm in ketosis guess I dont need to do a strict attack just a few pp days to get back in the swing?

Glad to see you back in diary land - I enjoyed reading that article! our goals sound great - and achievable. I don't know what I would do without my oatbran as I am really enjoying porridge at the moment although greedy as ever I am aiming to exact the method of preparation in order to give me the largest quantity possible in my bowl! Oh I do like food - but then I suppose that's always been my problem! I have however given up trying to keep up with my OH -who could eat for England and never gains an ounce - maybe I can blame my figure on him :)
Anyway enough wittering on about me - great to have you more back and 'in the zone'. x

If you're in ketosis, there's no reason to do several PPs at all (is there?). I too opted for a tighter pair of trews today (still size 14, but not baggy like yesterday's... same shop. Go figure!). I feel fatter in them, cos I'm looking downward at the blubby belly, but look slimmer in the mirror. It's a mystery!

OH made some lovely muffins last Friday (when we ran out of fromage blanc/quark) and he used a 125ml pot of strawberry yoghurt instead (so 1/2 pot in each portion). Delicious and moist they were too!

Last edited:
I was a bit concerned that oatbran and carby-er dairy might bring me out so figured a couple of pp days to get used to those, then add veg.

Not like you to have sweet muffins jo. but yes for a change flavoured yogurt works super well.

Just reminded myself about gym, had forgotten Id joined :eek: but will see how long it takes to get home. The walk to the gym is all downhill so unless its raining should be easy enough to motivate myself.

Jo I hope oneday you look down and are happy with what you see.

Jo I hope oneday you look down and are happy with what you see.

As my eyesight fails, yet I remain too vain to put my glasses on (unless reading!), this might well occur sooner than we think ;)

Didnt get to the gym, later home and rain and sheer lazyness. Booked induction on sat though so will get there then at the latest.

Stormy last night but okay this morning.

Having the odd craving, eclairs, fresh naan. not been too close to cracking but its still annoying when something gets in my head.

A chicken heavy day today :)

I admit that first thing in the morning exercise works best for me (before brain wakes up and talks me out of it!!!). It drizzled on my fluffy head for 50 mins this morning :-( grrrrr!

I like chicken too (fortunately).

Got soaked going to the bus stop last night - then covered in SNOW when changing buses, it came out of no where thick and fast, fortunately didnt settle and no sign of it at home - phew.

Absolutely switching to dukan on monday, i need the rules. Will read up on pp lunch ideas today and do a big shop sunday, have increased my grocery budget and will do some cooking sunday afternoon.

Although one of the housemates is leaving so will be fitting in viewings/grillings of potential new ones as well.

wow you had snow :eek:...shocking we haven't had any in ages :) not that I'm complaining x

You have to let me know what you cook up on Sunday :) need inspiration that isn't baked custards :)

as for grilling new housemates...simple..."do you dukan?" :D...lol (well it's an idea :)) xx

Back