Attempting the diary thing again (not strictly dukan)

Bad weekend on the diet front. Best forgotten ;) No social obligations on the horizon now though.
No cooking or shopping done though either - eeek.

This week
Breakfasts: From frais and oatbran.
Lunches: turkey pieces, tuna burgers, with celery and cherry toms on pv days. Have some tinned salmon to use too.
Snacks: sliced beef
Dinners: Monday: chicken, Tuesday/Weds turkey pieces with peppers and asparagus, Thurs/fri turkey mince either meatloaf or chilli I expect.

Thats a lot of turkey, ahh well price is right. Have eggs to use up so they will bulk things out as needed.

Eggs are so versatile and I never sicken of them.

We had scrambled eggs and smoked salmon for breakfast yesterday. Ironically, I don't usually add salt but for some unknown reason I picked up my salt grinder, turned and the whole darned lot PLOPPED out into my eggs! FROZEN salt! What's that all about? I thought we used salt to stop the roads freezing?!! Needless to say, I wasted many eggs yesterday!

I have a bunch of tinned tuna to use as I'm already sick of it for lunch plain.
Just mix with an egg, lots of pepper, bit of chilli,lemon juice.

Based on Canned Tuna Burger Recipe

Think would be nice with grilled pepper strips on pv days.

Super tired and grumpy today. Cant get going.

Still tired and grumpy, and cold :(

The office is boiling in the mornings, someone obviously dosent like this and cranks up the aircon so by mid morning we're freezing. Fingerless gloves will be on this afternoon.

that's a serious H&S thing going on there Jaqys :( you shouldn't be allowed to get that cold xx

hope today is warmer and more positive for you xx

p.s. tried the tuna burgers :) much appreciated thanks x

Gosh that's not on (re office temp)... are there no controls near you? I can't abide being cold! Our office tends to be overheated, which isn't great as ahem one of my coworkers has an ever growing as the day goes on BO problem... but, as soon as we take corridors, staircases etc (no lifts any longer for me since two people spent an hour each stuck three weeks ago!), it's freezing!

Tuna... hmm... I can just about swallow the fresh stuff if it's served with a sauce else it's dry, but the tinned, hmm... (I do have fond memories of pasta + tuna + butter (equal quantities of course) in my previous life though. I liked that!)

Mmm i like the idea of those tuna burgers - I have spent many an hour sitting eating tuna as it comes out of the can and it's pretty boring so those would make a change! I often ask myself how hungry I actually am - if I am hungry enough to eat another tin of tuna, I really am hungry :)

Funnily enough its boiling in here this afternoon.
The temp deffo suffers from too many cooks, with no one waiting for the temp to readjust after the last person altered it.....

I love fresh tuna but its out of budget, has to be very rare though - else you might as well have it from a tin, like it. I do have it as sashimi when I hit blue plate mondays at yo sushi.

Mouse i cant believe how often I ate it straight from the tin (with a sachet of black pepper) first time on the diet, just cant face it now. A week on my restart was overdoing it.

Jo eurrrgh on the BO person. Nothing worse, my parents used to have a vicar with an extreme case, it was no wonder numbers were falling - they were fainting if they got close.

Carb bombs galore this week :( though lots to do to keep me distracted.

Looking forward to a weekend to myself to get in the gym and get some cooking done.

Anyone been watching the Social worker programme? I dont do kids but it still has me bawling.

Morning Jaqys :)

How are you doing this morning?

Just checking in to say hey :), how ya going on?
What's the social worker programme? not seen it :)

xx

BBC iPlayer - Search :protecting Our Children

Its filmed here in bristol hence I watched it, not my usual type of show.

Had a right slide downhill to the bus stop this morning, glad it was slush and not ice, if it gets icy I'll have to put the walking boots on to get to the busstop.

Trying to sort a meal plan for next week so I can cook on sunday. Will hit the gym both days, hopefully early. Other than cleaning my room and laundry no other plans - YAWN.

Ach its only the 1 room and the landing, not like I have to do a whole house, though the laundry is 2 floors down :D

My paperwork box is full so needs thinning out. But not sure if I'll bother if its cold. Think cafes n large black coffees might be calling instead :busted:

even I don't have to do the whole house this weekend (says she sounding as if she ALWAYS does the upstairs hoho!) since I'm not going up!

Have a lovely weekend, both of you! Running out but
MWAH! And to Mouse... CD... and anyone else who knows me!
x

Ouch ouch ouch. Walking up the big hill after the gym wasn't the best idea. Following it with the walk back downhill to the station was even worse. Especially as the ticket queues were out the doors.
Gave up recovering from more walking with a coffee.

Did x-trainer followed by rower today. Felt good, need new trainers (hence was going to get train to parents to go to outlets there) .

Shattered now.

Gym done, xtrainer and bike today. Need to start making myself do more. But getting it into my routine is a good start.

Hoping I can get into the kitchen later for a big cook. Lots of visitors do its doubtful. Thinking of contingency menus.

You're absolutely right, Jaq. Once in the routine, it's missed when not done! Did you make it into that kitchen?

I did a batch of tuna burgers but didnt get much shopping in to do anything else.
No room in fridge, quite grumpy about it.

Am thrown off routine this week, networking tonight, drs tomorrow(just the nurse check up to complete registration, so I can get tested for the work issue :rolleyes: ) and gym wednesday.

The good thing is I was just inside the catchment area for the drs in boots that opens late evenings and sat :D

So pp today
Breakfast from frais, tea
Lunch turkey pieces, tuna burgers
Dinner part 1 tuna burger on way to networking, if nothing suitable there (unlikely sarnies mentioned) omlette when home if hungry.

Had planned to foodshop tonight but thats no go now so bit concerned, have a lot of tuna in, eggs and some turkey mince in the freezer so wont starve but will struggle for time to get things in a lunchable state.

And breathe. Hope all had good weekends. Its much warmer today, lovely.

Edit My gym shows me online how long I'm in the building, was 10mins longer each time this weekend than last, so thats good.

Avoided the sarnies, cake and juice last night and stuck to coffee.
Talk was interesting, bit depressing, and I wasnt in a social mood so bolted afterwards, didnt help that it felt like a room of uber-geeks. Networking events are so different down here.

Another pp day I think.
B from frais
L tuna burgers, from frais
D omelette

Confession: I've a thing for geeks :eek: lol...

glad last night went well with no slippages :) strengthing the resistance muscle is good xx

I'm pping today too :) - you having oatbran in your from frais? x

Back