Attention Crisp Addicts!

Ooh, mine seemed to have the opposite effect, they cooked the inside ones quicker and outside ones still needed more time :p I think my first attempt was just a fail all round, so I will just look forward to the next attempt... If at first you don't succeed haha...

I have made these a few times and I think it's a great idea, I LOVE crisps and I regularly have a packet pf crisps almost everyday - within my syns of course. Even when making the potato crisps and synning them I'm getting double the amount of crisps that I normally would and knowing that they are not cooking in oil/deep dried it's a healthier option anyway. I think that if you enjoy them it shouldn't really matter if you have to syn them, you get much more for your syns than you would in say a normal packet of crisps that can be around 7 syns (for regular crisps) and then around 4 syns for the better varieties like velvet crunch.

I do think that if you have them WITH your dinner as say a side order I do not think they should be syned. I have made an oven bake with these using baked beans, ham and cheese and layering the crisps a bit like lasange as they are just potato it was nice and a little different.

I Take it it's the same syn situation with chickpea 'peanuts' 5.5 syns for a 100g tin, Happy with that as it makes loads and a few days snacking for me!

^ I used the chickpeas as part of my lunch with cous cous and roasted vegetables and definitely didn't syn them!

Just thought I would add, I got smoked paprika for a slimming world recipe. I was looking for something to put on my home made crisps and I thought I would try the smoked Paprika. It made them taste like smokey Bacon crisps!!!!

Tried the crisp last week cut my finger slicing with potato peeler and really fiddled to do so ordered a crisp maker off eBay only £2.99 with postage it peels them for you and there's places to put your crisp in microwave so can't wait for it to come.

chantsy86 said:
Tried the crisp last week cut my finger slicing with potato peeler and really fiddled to do so ordered a crisp maker off eBay only £2.99 with postage it peels them for you and there's places to put your crisp in microwave so can't wait for it to come.

You'll have to let us know how well it works :)

Yeah, it is annoying how fiddly it is :\ Was too scared to cut my fingers when I did it so I peeled half the potato and chucked the rest away :p

I have tried making these chrips but when ever i do them they keep stuck to the plate and have to scrap them off and when i do they all stick together does anyone have any ideas on how to stop this?

Spray the plate with frylight.
Separate the crisps and let them air dry for a few mins before cooking.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Back