AUBERGINE COOKED IN YOGURT

Discussion in 'Dukan Recipes' started by msajuma, 29 January 2013 Social URL.

1. msajuma

msajuma Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(19.3%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Was watching a cooking programme and came across this, just changed a few things to make it Dukan Friendly, thinking of making it today

Ingredients

• 400g/14oz small Japanese-style aubergine, thinly sliced into rounds
    • good pinch ground turmeric
    • salt, to taste
    • ½ tsp red chilli powder
    • 2 tbsp oil
    • 250ml/9fl oz plain fat free yogurt
    • 1-1½ tsp sugar (personally i will not use sugar as i dont like the combination of chilli and sugar or sweet and sour taste, anyone wishing can replace this with sweetner i guess)
    • 1 rounded tsp cumin seeds, toasted in a frying pan and ground in a clean coffee grinder or pestle and mortar
    • handful fresh corriander leaves, chopped, to garnish

Preparation method

• Dust the aubergine slices with the turmeric, salt and half the red chilli powder.
    • Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan and fry the aubergine pieces until soft (you may have to do this in two batches). Set aside.
    • In a bowl, beat 200ml/7fl oz of the yoghurt with the sugar, salt and the remaining red chilli powder. Pour into a small saucepan and heat gently, stirring often to stop it from splitting, for about five minutes.
    • Stir in the ground cumin and the aubergine slices. Heat gently and stir to combine.
    • Stir in the remaining yoghurt, check the seasoning and serve garnished with the fresh coriander.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. dukannotsofatty

dukannotsofatty Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st0.2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12.7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1.5lb(33.9%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Dukan
    2 tbbsp of oil is a lot. We can only have a teaspoon a day.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.